1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeking out alternatives to the Crankfire system at a lower price point, had my hopes up to buy from Ohio Black Sheep but apparently he's not making them anymore. Anyone know if there is anybody else fabricating something similar?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Check with Crankfire systems they are here on the board somewhere I'm sure somebody else knows how to get hold of them of them easier especially with this new form change than me they're good products

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check with Crankfire systems they are here on the board somewhere I'm sure somebody else knows how to get hold of them of them easier especially with this new form change than me they're good products
Thanks for the reply, I was looking for something more along the lines of what OBS was making due to it's small size and lower price, but I imagine the market is limited for these types of things.

·
11,291 Posts
Since obs has stopped production, your option is a crank fire systems unit. The pricing is pretty good for what you get and they are a member here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Add me to the list of those who are sorry that ohioblacksheep no longer produces his crank product. The Crankfire is not for everyone, whether it is the price or the design itself. The ohioblacksheep crank was an excellent alternative, and the two of us are long time friends. If porteroden has what you are looking for, you will do well. He comes highly recommended from here.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Oooooo, and its the fancy ambi version tooo.....LOL. It is fun but cost prohibitjve to play with. I havd not faken my OBS Ambi crank out in a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I prefer the obs version based on size alone. If someone were to let me borrow one for a bit I could probably make a few up. I just don't have the plans. Crankfires are nice and all but they look quite silly hanging off the 1919 due to their size. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Be aware that OBS spent some time developing it and if you want one keep looking for a used one. Copying his work without his permission is not a nice thing to do.

Reactions: Lucky#13
1 - 12 of 12 Posts