1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is probably going to be dismissed as pretty trivial, but I wanted to get it out anyways.

I looked over all the crankfires available, and even checked out the AW-Sim. For me, the traditional look of the weapon was important. I would love to have a real full Auto, but that is not in the cards.

I opted for the Ambi Dextrous Crankfire from OhioblackSheep. Lou is real good people and the unit is more than I expected. I wanted the ambi model simply because, even though I'm right handed, I like to crank with the left. I fish that way also and have to get left handed bait casting reels.

I asked about a bazillion questions of Lou before deciding and he was real good about helping me out. This unit requires drilling a hole in the lower plate and Lou provides a fixture for this that is nothing short of a work of art in itself. Fits perfectly, has drilled and tapped holes, and most importantly, is idiot proof.

I got the hole drilled with no problem and affixed the unit. It is easily adjusted with hex wrenches and I had it working on my unparked gun in no time.

This unit is a three cam and trips the trigger three times with each crank. More than enough for me.

There is nothing attached to the trigger and the traditional look of the weapon is preserved. the unit mounts under the gun. You can operate the trigger manually for semi fire if you want to, and remove the crank by loosening one hex nut without removing the whole unit.

My only concern, and this may be unfounded, is that the slots for adjusting are smooth and these may cause the unit to move after a bazillion or two rounds.

Anyone wanting a good unit that won't put you in the poorhouse might want to contact Lou at OhioBlackSheep.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I wouldn't put one of those things on my 1919 if Lou paid me..........................but I'd put one on my 50 cal :). (Lou knows I'm kidding...I'd have no problem using his crank on my 1919)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey lobo, your post on how to do this pics has unleashed a monster. I'm starting to enjoy this.

This is how the OBS crank looks on mine. It is a really clean installation. The crank is easily removed, or even folded out of the way if you don't want to use it. I like the way it preserves the traditional look.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Nice install...you're going to enjoy the crank life. Have fun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
OK commander 47 I see your picture. Clean nice look. How can I get one and how much. Who do I call etc. Send me info can you?
Eskimo Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts