1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stopped in my local gun shop to get some 308 ammo and brass prvi 7.62 is now cheaper per round than regular 9mm. Never ever would have imagined that. 9mm is like 22 ammo a few years back

·
11,458 Posts
steel case russian 223 is up to $0.60.
some 9mm is $0.50+

the pricing is silly but i will help those in need at those costs!

waiting for 22lr to hit $70+ per brick again

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Rory , How much 9mm do you have been out for quite a while was planning on replenishing at the Creek in Oct but that is not going to happen. Send a PM. thanks

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I may have to check local prices today, I have been reloading for so long I have no idea what the current prices are. Last time I checked I had about 24,000 rounds of 9mm alone on hand.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
We've been here before.

LGS (multiple) have zero .380 or 9mm. When it does come in it's in short supply and goes for .80 / round.

No 308.

LGS has 556 and x39 at reasonable prices, but not much quantity.

I picked up a tin of 440 54R for $200. I don't have anything that shoots 54R.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regular crap 9mm is around 35 a box now. The shop said they cannot find any 9mm to buy at any price right now . Was told a lot of it is supply chain issues certain areas of the country

·
Registered
36 Posts
My local shop didn't have any 9mm last time I checked. They had a brand of 762x51 I had never seen before in tiny ammo cans, 125 for $109.
For a while they had crates of 3 cans of M855, 1600 rounds for $800 but they're sold out of that now.

The best price I've seen recently on 9mm was Centerfire Systems Barnaul, 500 for $160.

It took a while, but at this point even uncommon ammo like 32 ACP, 7.5 French, etc is going up in price or unavailable.

·
11,458 Posts
Looks like centerfire is out of stock on all 9mm

I probably have a couple thousand rounds I can remove from my stash and another 10,000 of 233

I’m only selling at going rates, not purchase cost or historical cost. If not, I’ll just continue shooting it up.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Looks like centerfire is out of stock on all 9mm

I probably have a couple thousand rounds I can remove from my stash and another 10,000 of 233

I’m only selling at going rates, not purchase cost or historical cost. If not, I’ll just continue shooting it up.
Yup - that's where I am at too. I used to feel sorry and let some stash go to transferee's at a slightly over purchase rate, but it's not cost effective any longer.
Ammo hardly ever gets cheaper after a surge in price - at least not enough to recover a loss from selling low......good luck guys.

Oh....I also have way more 54R than I will ever shooot - only have two semi rifles that shoot it, but again........that's my back-up plinking ammo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
While I've got quite a bit on hand, I'm not planning to sell any at this point.
I bought my first AR this winter; I'm well behind where I'd like to be on .223, but that is life... if I feel the need, I'll drive to a store in Columbus with gobs of it at .60 a round...

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Guy that lives next door to me came over and asked if I had some x39 that I would sell , I told him that I would sell him a few boxes for $5 per 20...He got upset and said Damn your gonna charge me that much...I told him that was my cost and if he dose not like it , feel free to search around...A day later he came back and said , I will take 500rds....I said NOPE....I will sell you 60rds at that price , no more...He got mad and acted like I was going back on our deal...I said we had NO deal...You asked if I had some x39 I would sell , I said yes , a FEW boxes of 20 for $5 each...You declined...Stop acting like your doing me a favor .....Do you want it or not ?....He said " I will think about it " , and walked off.....Some People....He is gonna really be mad when he comes back and finds that it's no longer for sell.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Guy that lives next door to me came over and asked if I had some x39 that I would sell , I told him that I would sell him a few boxes for $5 per 20...He got upset and said Damn your gonna charge me that much...I told him that was my cost and if he dose not like it , feel free to search around...A day later he came back and said , I will take 500rds....I said NOPE....I will sell you 60rds at that price , no more...He got mad and acted like I was going back on our deal...I said we had NO deal...You asked if I had some x39 I would sell , I said yes , a FEW boxes of 20 for $5 each...You declined...Stop acting like your doing me a favor .....Do you want it or not ?....He said " I will think about it " , and walked off.....Some People....He is gonna really be mad when he comes back and finds that it's no longer for sell.
Sounds like the kind of guy who you shouldnt sell ammo to....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I used to do the auto swap meets and you would get guy's that would keep coming back and low balling me. After the 2nd time around I would start raising the price, then they would get upset and want to buy it at my original price and really get upset when I said no. There is that guy that thinks he deserves a better price no matter how good of deal you give him.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used to do the auto swap meets and you would get guy's that would keep coming back and low balling me. After the 2nd time around I would start raising the price, then they would get upset and want to buy it at my original price and really get upset when I said no. There is that guy that thinks he deserves a better price no matter how good of deal you give him.
I saw a guy at a car show getting low balled about a chrome part over and over and you could see the guy getting upset. The guy left and came back again trying to low ball him and the guy took the part...bent it and broke it..and said here now its free save your money! The guy almost started crying saying he was looking for that part a long time. Idiots

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I saw a guy at a car show getting low balled about a chrome part over and over and you could see the guy getting upset. The guy left and came back again trying to low ball him and the guy took the part...bent it and broke it..and said here now its free save your money! The guy almost started crying saying he was looking for that part a long time. Idiots
Iv'e had them keep coming back and lowballing and then someone else buys the part then they come back and cry because they didn't buy it. I always deal because it is expected but when you meet them in the middle and they don't buy and it's a high end parts or hard to come buy that's crazy

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Guys, learning to reload is the way to go. I have been reloading for nearly 40 years and have yet to be caught short of ammunition due to pre-election buying frenzies.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts