1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, no. Not really. 13 slightly chilled members showed up on Friday to say they did, but we got an opinion that the Group pic should wait for Saturday. So here's the Saturday pic...

Well, no. Not really. This pic is from Friday when we arrived 2 minutes early. Actually 6 members (including myself) eventually showed up for the Saturday "The Usual Suspects" pic but then nobody was packing a camera.

Kinda reminds me of the current political situation. What was that yard sign I saw?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed... mad at myself for not doing so.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
...O,well...

Showed up Sat at noon...even a few minutes before...and sat down on the cinder blocks to wait for folks to show. Did not notice anyone. Maybe because they were bundled up...?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Showed up Sat at noon...even a few minutes before...and sat down on the cinder blocks to wait for folks to show. Did not notice anyone. Maybe because they were bundled up...?
I seen you sitting there way down from the gate. I was standing around but did not see any one I know except for the famous guy. I felt kinda strange standing on the corner by myself.

·
Premium Member
6,055 Posts
Sorry Rich you know we were there on Friday but Saturday Lucky and I were at the local urgent care helping a beltfed brother. Russ

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I guess that camouflage clothing I was wearing worked! :rofl:
CaptMax

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Rich you know we were there on Friday but Saturday Lucky and I were at the local urgent care helping a beltfed brother. Russ
I know about that...speaking of which, how did that situation turn out? Wife and I are both concerned.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn! When you said the Y I thought you meant the YMCA!
Huh. That's a first, well no. Anyhoo, a few years back most of us would have just met at Trixies... Another Creek "Y".

·
Premium Member
6,055 Posts
I know about that...speaking of which, how did that situation turn out? Wife and I are both concerned.
All is well Rich he is doing ok just a bit run down. He made a showing Sunday and looked much better by the time we left him.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really? You didn't see the mule or the 1/2 dozen non-1919 guys, TV guy, Andy Ross & girlfriend all waiting on me before I told 'em to head on down to the pay to empty brass area? At that point we had our 1/2 dozen 1919 guys. Time frame was 11:50 to 12:25 when Mike, Kath and myself lit out down the trail. BTW, you parked one row ahead of us Sat in the upper lot. We arrived late (10:00am) and got unceremoniously redirected to the lower 40 Friday morning. However, the wild bus ride from the lower lot (and back again later) made up for that. That driver is easily coerced into driving like a madman with very little effort. Think "Hey, y'all watch this" but you're along for the ride. I'm amazed that white school bus didn't fling itself off the frame. We were airborne several times and it made a hell of a lot of noise upon contact with Mudda Earth. They make 'em good down there, apparently.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
All seemed okay in the end, Rich. He was coughing hard, but otherwise was his usual self. His main concern was that it might turn to pneumonia and so he wanted to get checked out. That weather was hard on him, and so he stayed at his hotel all Friday and most of Saturday, but for our trip to Urgent Care and a pharmacy. They said no danger of pneumonia but did give him a prescription or two, and we got him a good, healthy meal afterwards. Thanks for letting me know when Russ was trying to find me that day. Much appreciation to you and Mrs. Shattered.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I don't know who it was that suffered the ailment, but I can certainly sympathize with the situation. With my older age, extra weight, COPD, and other lung problems I am forced to shy away from the Creek now days. Last time I was there it got pretty rough for me too, but that time even the main firing line people were donning masks because of the lingering smoke and haze caused by the heavy air.

I'll get back some day, but for now I have to pick and choose my battles [so to speak]. Hope the fellow brother is OK now......

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Age is the real problem here. I was recuperating from pneumonia at the creek myself and still am.
Getting older myself and being a smoker doesn't help either. Time for me to quit that habit!
It's no fun being short of breath and I would rather have a MG in my hand ten years from now than a cigarette tomorrow. Hope he is doing well Russ, I know he is a fighter and I wish him the very best.
The burning smoke from the firing line wasn't as bad as it's been in the past. The burning fiberglass is the worst. The dust storm that blew through the pole barn Thursday was no fun for me or others.
CaptMax

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Age is the real problem here. I was recuperating from pneumonia at the creek myself and still am.
Getting older myself and being a smoker doesn't help either. Time for me to quit that habit!
It's no fun being short of breath and I would rather have a MG in my hand ten years from now than a cigarette tomorrow. Hope he is doing well Russ, I know he is a fighter and I wish him the very best.
The burning smoke from the firing line wasn't as bad as it's been in the past. The burning fiberglass is the worst. The dust storm that blew through the pole barn Thursday was no fun for me or others.
CaptMax
Yes pneumonia is nothing to sneeze at - especially when age factors in. I am to the point of always having steroids and antibiotics readily available [ prescription stuff - relax :) ] as I have had it a half dozen times or more in the last 15 years.....smoked for 45 years and paying the price now.....quit as soon as you can CaptMax.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
....?

Another guy who does not know who was ill Sat. But believe it was Dolph because I inquired at his table and he was back at the motel Sat AM. Hope he is better. I bought 10-Vickers belts from his table and then 2-more from Troy. Thank you for the help,guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts