1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I has been awhile since I got my permit and I forgot how the process works and I am in the process of helping my wife get a concealed weapons permit, like the title says we live in Florida.

Things that we can check off that I remember we need, Finger prints, Passport photo, and a the CWP Class which was taken at our local gun show, and a $$$ Check. I think that is everything we need. I just want to make sure before I send the package. Also she tool that class in 2013 is the class still good in the eyes of FL. Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I has been awhile since I got my permit and I forgot how the process works and I am in the process of helping my wife get a concealed weapons permit, like the title says we live in Florida.

Things that we can check off that I remember we need, Finger prints, Passport photo, and a the CWP Class which was taken at our local gun show, and a $$$ Check. I think that is everything we need. I just want to make sure before I send the package. Also she tool that class in 2013 is the class still good in the eyes of FL. Thank you all.
In Florida you can go to a Sherriff's office and get the digital fingerprints taken the cost is minimal or it was. I think the time span on the training is not an issue, they take everything including a hunter safety class. You will also (I think) need the notarized statement in the application package. In the People's Republic Of Illinois you would have 16 hours in a training class 8 if you are active duty, reserve or honorable discharge military, ($200-100) digital fingerprints ($50-75) dated passport photos ($8) and $150 fee PLUS a FOID card $10 for 10 years.

The FOID requirement for CCL is going away if the new Gov. signs it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like we have everything cool Thanks

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
In Florida you can go to a Sherriff's office and get the digital fingerprints taken the cost is minimal or it was. I think the time span on the training is not an issue, they take everything including a hunter safety class. You will also (I think) need the notarized statement in the application package. In the People's Republic Of Illinois you would have 16 hours in a training class 8 if you are active duty, reserve or honorable discharge military, ($200-100) digital fingerprints ($50-75) dated passport photos ($8) and $150 fee PLUS a FOID card $10 for 10 years.

The FOID requirement for CCL is going away if the new Gov. signs it.
I feel your pain. Pistol permits in NY run about the same fees and processing times. (And the permit isnt honored in the metropolitan bottom half of the state, nor by most other states)

At least your governor didnt ban every firearm you owned in a closed curtain midnight senate session.....

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An10nee757,

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Concealed-Weapon-License

Renewals can be done at a regional office ,walk in and walk out with your new license same afternoon ,costs you an extra $20 "Convenience" Fee .

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...g/Concealed-Weapon-License/Renew-Your-License

click on Regional offices to find the nearest one to you ,only for Renewal of your license !

Thanks I just looked at my card I will be due in a 1 and 1/2 years

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
...honors all licenses's

Believe the count is up to 19 states that honor all license's to carry. Many only honor an out-of-state license if you are not a resident of that state. Michigan does not honor anything but a Michigan license if you are a Michigan resident. Move to Indiana...we have a LIFETIME LICENSE TO CARRY. Louisiana got their lifetime license in Jan 2014,thanks to Gov. Bobby Jindal. Ohio now honors every license.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts