1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Melton 1919A4 IMI link loader several years ago. Its advantage is not requiring many changes to the M7 (M7 pins remain and hold the plate in position), easy conversion to other links, and easy change back to a standard M7. His IMI linker for 308 would also do 30-06 on M1 links and I suppose other calibers (e.g., 8mm and 7.62x54?) with a simple change in pusher width.

I was trying to locate Doug to see if he is making M27 link plates but have had no success. I was hoping that if he has passed along his design to others, he could help me locate that maker, and if he has simply moved on to other endeavors, maybe he would share his design specs with me. I have a brother with a small mill/drill that builds outstanding miniature engines and would be able to make me a aluminum conversion plate if I have the dimensions.

Any info on what Doug's status is would be appreciated.

Thanks, Darryl

·
Registered
163 Posts
Doug Melton is SRT Arms...suppressor manufacturer. http://srtarms.com/

I have one of Doug's "LinkMasters" and have a M27 plate for the system...works every bit as well as the IMI link plate. I had asked him a few years ago about making a plate for the proprietary 7.62x39 links for my 1919 conversion kit...he said he hadn't made any plates in some time and he was too busy making cans to think about doing any new LinkMaster plates.

With the overall downturn in suppressor sales these days...he might have time to make more plates. I can tell you first hand he's already done one for M27 links. Who knows...he might have one on the shelf somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts