1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
friend brought over a Danish barreled H&R M1 rifle no import markings I could decipher most of the barrel markings except for KOA In a circle/oval.

Any help out there.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Probably came into the country via the DCM and would not have required import markings.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah we got the CMP no import markings, barrel proof, date of manufacture and arsenal mark part its the KOA that we don't know.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Danish barrels have various markings like: VAR, HTK, HMAK and FKF and some folks have reported the KOA and believe it to be Danish but don't know for sure. Is there a crown stamped on the barrel any place?

I have been trying to trace a M1 barrel for years. It is marked: D 6535448 (F) 3-56 AY- P M.

Nobody seems to know where that one came from although the date would indicate March 1956.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Danish barrels have various markings like: VAR, HTK, HMAK and FKF and some folks have reported the KOA and believe it to be Danish but don't know for sure. Is there a crown stamped on the barrel any place?

I have been trying to trace a M1 barrel for years. It is marked: D 6535448 (F) 3-56 AY- P M.

Nobody seems to know where that one came from although the date would indicate March 1956.
Ran into a similar problem with a M14 barrel several years ago, the markings did not match anything shown in the reference books and the date put it prior to the M14s acceptance. Turned out to be a T44 barrel. Going to gun shows near Anniston you stumble on to stuff like that from time to time.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The barrel is dated 1-56 has VAR over crown crown over DK and KOA We know what the VAR ( Haerens Vaabenarsenalet) and the Crown over DK is supposed to be the Danish barrel proof mark it's the KOA part that isn't clear.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
If the first letter is part of a three letter stamp, it might be "approved" as the first letter in Hollish or Dutch Keuren(sp) is K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts