1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Built by Master Gunsmith John McGuire, on an original US GI parts that were modified by Israeli Military industries to operate in.308/7.62 caliber. John's work can be seen on his perfect riveting of the side plate!
Karma Metal Products, Semi right side plate, and their complete upgraded trigger system.
This particular unit was displayed in a WW-II museum for many years, before being built to current configuration.

Thanks, Bill.

·
11,291 Posts
Built on an original US GI parts that were modified by Israeli Military industries to operate in.308/7.62 caliber.
I see this line in a lot of gunbroker ads and find it intentionally disingenuous. I kind of ignore it on gunbroker but after thinking about it more I just don’t think it’s fair to the prospective buyers. if we are all going to make the 1919 platform binary where you have usgi or Izzy as options, this is an Izzy. Israel didn’t go make a bunch of 1919s, all of those were usgi guns that they modified. Turning it into an Izzy gun.

(I removed the jMcG section because it was irrelevant)

I may have copied someone’s old gunbroker ad, that had the gun described this way at same at some point in the past but I don’t think so.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
That's just splitting hair's Rory...The title of the add describes exactly what it is...And the builder is vary relevant ...Even more so when your trying to get the vary top of what an Izzy 1919 would bring.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
Just take the ad down, I'm all set with this forum!! Cancel my account!!
Brodie53, you have not been here that long, judging by your post count. But I would urge you to not bail out so easily. I have no problem with your description, and I think any prospective buyers will understand what you are saying. We all know John McGuire here, some of us know him personally, and his reputation speaks for itself. Give it some time.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
791 Posts
Those rivets on the bottom plate are beautiful!!:love:

Does it come with internals? Because none are pictured...

Reactions: Rory

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brodie53, you have not been here that long, judging by your post count. But I would urge you to not bail out so easily. I have no problem with your description, and I think any prospective buyers will understand what you are saying. We all know John McGuire here, some of us know him personally, and his reputation speaks for itself. Give it some time.
Thank you, was taken back by replies from Rory. I appreciate your advise!

·
11,291 Posts
Taken aback by my comments on your detail? Well I hope you had your fainting couch near.

I stand by my position and would rather others here who might not know the differences not get confused by intentionally misleading verbiage.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Isn’t it technically a KMP manufactured replica of a 1919a4? Once that side plate is attached....
I happen to own an amazing 1919a2 built by Rouge Island Arsenal that uses some original parts in it that were modified to be semi auto. In my mind I consider it a replica 1919a2. Maybe Rollin knows?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yes he is. I just spoke with him and am sending him a set of internals for my 1917A1

·
Registered
791 Posts
Send him an email. I don't want to post it without his permission, but it's easy to find if you Google him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts