1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
123 Posts
How To Delete A Conversation (Private Message)

There is no limit to the number of conversations. You can keep them indefinitely. If you choose to have one no longer display to you within your conversations, you can simply click near the upper right of the message to leave the conversation

Once you leave a conversation, it cannot be restored unless you are invited back to it.

For leaving conversations in bulk (full page) you can do the following.

Open your conversation box. Add a checkmark next to the conversation title.

That will open a drop menu near the bottom. Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Although you can add checkmarks next to each conversation, once you select any, a drop menu near the bottom will appear. If you want to leave conversation in bulk (such as a full page) Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Click the drop-down menu next to “Choose action” select “Leave conversations” . Click GO.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yes.

- Cricket
Why? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. That's not even English.

When I "delete" something it is removed. I don't "leave" something to remove it.

When I leave food on my plate it doesn't disappear, it's still there. When I leave the room the room isn't deleted.

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Because you aren't actually deleting the conversation. You are only removing it from your own account. It still exists on the account of the other person in the conversation. You are simply leaving the conversation. That being said, the verbiage is part of Xenforo.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Because you aren't actually deleting the conversation. You are only removing it from your own account. It still exists on the account of the other person in the conversation. You are simply leaving the conversation. That being said, the verbiage is part of Xenforo.

- Cricket

<...sigh...> Fine. But from my perspective, looking at my account, it's deleted.

Now from an administrator's viewpoint looking at the forum software and being able to see both accounts, your logic makes sense. Yes, if one person leaves, the conversation is still in the other's account.

Sill, the verbiage is annoying. I think the Xenforo Marketing department wankers came up with that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts