1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how long it's been since you last played with GI Joe, but things sure have changed since I last did, they make some pretty nice plastic ones and recently I bought this all metal 1917A1,even the water can is metal and the lid screws on and has a chain so it stays with the can, the tripod legs are adjustable and actually have little set screws with sliding T handles, the water hose has a tiny metal clip to hold it to the water jacket, the ammo is brass with metal links,I haven't actually measured them but they look close, and I only paid $26 for the whole set up,I've seen plastic one go for more then that!
I used to do HO scale but my eyes and fingers won't let me do that fine of modeling anymore so I decided I would bump up the scale now that they are more then just toys. I hope to get started on a large diorama this winter. I was so impressed with those guys in Europe that I took the dive into 1/6th scale.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The ad said it was a Soldier Story piece, I'm just getting into this scale so I haven't figured out all the different companies and the stuff they make,I emailed the seller and will let you know if I find out anymore.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
That really is nicely done. Very cool.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
That is so cool. Just the thing for the desktop at the office!!! What are the approximate measurements?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

the gun is 7 1/4 inches long overall, and stands 6 inches high as posed. I forgot to mention the top cover opens, the sight stands up, and the bolt retracts, the detail is incredible!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The same company also made this flame thrower,again all metal and outrageous detail, plus a close up of the top of the 1917.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Man that is neat! Amazing what they can do in such detail while reducing it to a small scale like that. Well worth the $26.00 if you ask me! :)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1917a1

I actually bought both of them from the same guy on evilbay! I only paid $9.99 for the flame thrower! I've seen the 1917 listed for $45, I think the guy I bought them from figured they would go for more then they finally did, I notice quite often that people will list things with a really cheap starting bid hoping to get people into a bidding war. I also just bought this German anti tank gun for $20, it's 16 inches long,all metal with and operating breach block!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's pretty neat. My brother gave me one 2 years ago. I don't know the make because he took it out of the package and built a transit case for it. Mine came with a M1A1 ammo can and a loaded cloth belt and a few extra rounds as well as the water can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts