1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have instructions or a video of assembling or operating this device. I picked one up and am pretty lost on how to get it up and running. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I will try again, when I did a google search from my iPhone it came back with a ton of Dewalt drill videos.

I had previously found one video with a top view but I am not sure if I have mine fully assembled. When I pull the handle back it does not move more than an inch or so a before hitting a hard stop. A photo of how it is assembled is below. I am guessing something is in the wrong spot. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again,
Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one I have looks like the one in the video. The handle will only move about an inch back and forth with the rearward travel blocked from going all the way. The shuttle under the hopper hits a screw that goes through a bar that is bolted to the left side of the main plate. It is the left of the three screws in the photo below. The bar appears to be one of the actuator bars for the belt feed mechanism. I cannot get the bars or the belt feed mechanism to move back and forth. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you
IMG_4013.JPG

·
Registered
510 Posts
My guess.The previous owner tried to readjust it to load 308. Then he might have attempted to take it apart and gave up. You might want to confirm this with the previous owner.

I dont know or have this major model design. It was the second from the last model loader design he made. Roughly he made about 9 major models designs of loaders and some had variation changes on that major model design. An earlier production run might have had different parts and a later production run could have had slightly different parts as improvements were made. He was always tinkering which furthered progression.

I strongly believe the loop catcher mechanism is a XY lock out guide rail (what ever you want to call it) working with a timed linkage partly and loosely based on a teeter totter action that is under the hopper section.

Your best bet is to send it to me and not adjust anything. I have a later model design.
Looks like the right side of the loader has many of the same design features that followed through such as the main drive lock/brake cam piston actuator. The piston rod is attached to and times the opening and closing of the seating finger jaws. The handle linkage connects to the main guide rail block. The main guide rail block is what attaches to or manipulates the the linkage I described above, plus it actuates the hopper agitator and bullet drop fence and the front of it is the bullet seating face. On the return motion it also trips the over-cam locking piston. On the forward stroke it over-cams and locks the piston.
If you want I could take video of my workings to act as an aid and send you the USB if you want to go about it yourself describing how general parts function. Or you could just send it to me to get the linkage working first and findings on adjustments. Dewat's loaders all have the same issues you will encounter with the 1918 belt loader and that is with the belts all have their own personalities. Get it working best case and try a different kind of belt and it acts problematic. I have made and improvement on mine that I can switch out for different type belts which I strongly suggest once its fixed . There are some things to look out for to diagnose what appears to be a jamb.
Send me a PM and we could discuss how I can be of help.

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts