1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference in any of the top cover feed parts when changing from 30.06 to .308? Thanks to all.
Bob

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Bob, the Izzy 308 parts are proven to work well in 30-06 and 8mm, not to mention the Russian calibers with the correct mods. However, a few of us have also successfully run 308 with the 30-06 feed parts, both belt feed and belt holding pawls. The only 30-06 component that truly makes it challenging to run 308 is the right rear cartridge stop, the one riveted to the right plate. The shorter Izzy right stop is designed to allow for easy link ejection, while the USGI one requires very shallow seating depth in 308 links to function properly. It can work, it's just a bit of a nuisance. But the main 30-06 feed parts are generally fine, so long as you have the left side Israeli spacers in the feedway, a 308 barrel and booster. Hope this answers your questions.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Bob, the Izzy 308 parts are proven to work well in 30-06 and 8mm, not to mention the Russian calibers with the correct mods. However, a few of us have also successfully run 308 with the 30-06 feed parts, both belt feed and belt holding pawls. The only 30-06 component that truly makes it challenging to run 308 is the right rear cartridge stop, the one riveted to the right plate. The shorter Izzy right stop is designed to allow for easy link ejection, while the USGI one requires very shallow seating depth in 308 links to function properly. It can work, it's just a bit of a nuisance. But the main 30-06 feed parts are generally fine, so long as you have the left side Israeli spacers in the feedway, a 308 barrel and booster. Hope this answers your questions.

That pretty much covers it, no pun intended. If you would like there is waaaay more info here than you will ever need. http://m1919tech.com/22997.html

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky 13

That pretty well answers my question. I am still having a feed problem so will have to look for worn parts or somewhere else. Thanks to all.
Bob

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
That pretty well answers my question. I am still having a feed problem so will have to look for worn parts or somewhere else. Thanks to all.
Bob
What is the nature of the feeding problem? Is it a question of extracting a round from the belt, or feeding it into the chamber? There are many possibilities we may be able to help with, given more detail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts