1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The powder measure on my 550B gave up the ghost last Wednesday, casting at the base of the tube failed. Called Dillon sent the part off Thursday got a brand spanking new one today. NO BS, just like they advertise, This powder measure has to be at least 20 years old and has cycled tens of thousands of times, it just wore out. Great service from a great company with customer service reps who actually know something and speak ENGLISH, better than I do.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Dillon

I only have the 450,which they haven't made in over 20 years, but if I have a problem they have the part to me in a couple of days,last year the primer feed started to mess up,after replacing all the wearable pieces they just sent me a whole primer unit,no more problems! If I had the money I would definitely buy one of the bigger newer units, but with my physical problem I can't sit and reload for hours on end, so my little 450 does just fine.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I only have the 450,which they haven't made in over 20 years, but if I have a problem they have the part to me in a couple of days,last year the primer feed started to mess up,after replacing all the wearable pieces they just sent me a whole primer unit,no more problems! If I had the money I would definitely buy one of the bigger newer units, but with my physical problem I can't sit and reload for hours on end, so my little 450 does just fine.

I have an original, two digit serial number Dillon 1000. They still support it even though I don't think they have made those in at least 25 years. The parts aren't free, but they have them.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
dillon

They have never charged me for any part they have ever replaced,other then stuff that is going to have to be replaced regularly,like the plastic ends on the primer feed and plastic knobs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been amazed how well my 550 has held up in the last 30 years. It was a 550 when I bought it and they sent me the parts when they upgraded it to a 550B for free. It originally came with no fail safe return rod on the powder measure. The few times something broke they replaced it quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts