1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was placing a 54R extractor on a spare Vickers lock and noticed this marking on top of the extractor. It appears to be "WLN". Does anyone recognize this marking? Oh, take a look at the second picture. It will make any knowledgeable Vickers owner/shooter cry uncontrollably. It also looks like I'm also in need of a .303 gib, gib spring, and gib retainer plate. Any ideas where I can get these?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I was placing a 54R extractor on a spare Vickers lock and noticed this marking on top of the extractor. It appears to be "WLN". Does anyone recognize this marking? Oh, take a look at the second picture. It will make any knowledgeable Vickers owner/shooter cry uncontrollably. It also looks like I'm also in need of a .303 gib, gib spring, and gib retainer plate. Any ideas where I can get these?

Brian at BRP Guns will have them. In the very unlikely case he doesn't, I would have spares.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Vickers Spares

You can try Alistair Ballantine as well. His e-mail is [email protected] and he's a great guy with a lot of spares. You also need to get those dirty machine gun parts off the cover of that book... don't you know those are collectible now and go for $250 on up? LOL :D

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
WLN Marking

Does not look like a standard military marking or manufactures marking. Font type looks a little funny also.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
There's only 1 guy I know that has done a bunch of those. Bob (William?) ? Naess

I would ask him if he marked parts.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
There's only 1 guy I know that has done a bunch of those. Bob (William?) ? Naess

I would ask him if he marked parts.
The one I have that is modified by Bob (Robert) Naess is unmarked. But that is a good point, maybe whoever modified the extractor initialed it.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one I have that is modified by Bob (Robert) Naess is unmarked. But that is a good point, maybe whoever modified the extractor initialed it.
Dolf did another one for me. He did not add any markings to it.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found this old thread and changed the foto-suck-it links to Postimg. Now my pictures are visible. The question still remains; who manufactured this 54R Vickers extractor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts