1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent the afternoon sorting brass for reloading. I know we couldn't have shot all that, plus someone tossed in odd calibers. Like 9MM Largo, 32S&W, 9MM Makorov, 25-20, 7.65 Arg, 44-40, 44 mag, about twenty other odd ones, and lots of normal 9's, 223, 06.....

How does this happen?

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I've spent the afternoon sorting brass for reloading. I know we couldn't have shot all that, plus someone tossed in odd calibers. Like 9MM Largo, 32S&W, 9MM Makorov, 25-20, 7.65 Arg, 44-40, 44 mag, about twenty other odd ones, and lots of normal 9's, 223, 06.....

How does this happen?
Shooting at public ranges or out in the woods is where that happens for me. One of my conditions for taking folks shooting is they get to pick up all the brass when we finish up since I get to pay for all the ammo and clean the toys.
The ones that bug me the most are .380's somehow getting into the hopper when I'm loading 9mm.
Then there was those small primer .45 acp that turned up a while back. Never even heard of them before that.:confused:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i have piles of small primer 45 and even more large primer 45 brass. I segregate them, use the small ones for my pistols and the large ones for my thompson.

I have a 70lb box I need to sort. so much brass it's stupid.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
rugman SEZ: "....those small primer .45 acp that turned up a while back. Never even heard of them before that."

Yep, and there's a new bullet from Federal called Syntech, a poly-coated lead-core bullet meant as a target bullet, (USPS/IPSC, steel plates) unlike the previous Nyclad, and it does not mushroom, the newest "latest and greatest." Supposedly designed to be priced the same same as regular ball practice-ammo, it's coated over the entire bullet surface "eliminating" lead exposure from combustion, AND uses a SMALL pistol primer. There's "NO" lead exposure in handling, loading, firing or picking up, fired brass is "significantly" cleaner, and splattering fragments at 15 yards is "51%" less weight and past 15 yards up to 90% less.

See: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2015/12/26/american-eagle-syntech-ammunition/

Carry On!
Gary
><>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts