1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Laughs
Ten out of every three writers are dyslexic. That is the excuse/reason for this…..Dog laughs when one thief steals from another.
OK, I’ll get to the point. Back in the day, I smoked more grass than a bush fire in a Tarzan movie. Those days are over, and let me say, I’m against legalization because it will mean more access for school kids. I’m not saying that it’s a totally bad thing. I’m saying that someone that needs to focus and study can’t do so when getting high. This can take an already miserable quality education and dumb it down past any utility.
But I have a story to tell.
In 1986 I was flying my Grumman American, AA-1C (T-Cat) into Richmond International where she was based and hangered. On approach, flying over New Kent, I saw a bright blue fire hose coming up out of a swamp. Hmmm! There can only be one reason for that. There was a garden in the woods and it likely isn’t about tomatoes or corn. I pushed the ‘Store’ button on the GPS and continued my approach and landing.
A few days later, I went into those woods with a hand-held GPS and found the hose and where it led. What to my wondering eyes did appear? The most beautiful little pot patch. Not just any pot patch, but an exquisite one with all indigos, short bushy blue-ish plants with nary a seed in the whole patch.
I beat a hasty retreat, but a tactical one. I returned with some pruning snips and Hefty Bags, removing only the tops, and filling the bags with all I could carry.
I was parked on the interstate with my hood up. This was the closest I could get. So I stashed the bags just up the hill and went to the car and opened the trunk. Just then, a State Trooper pulled in behind me. I shut the trunk and hood, waved and pulled off, and satisfied that I was OK, he did, too.
Navigating a couple of exit and entrance ramps, I returned to the scene of this unfolding crime. With much sweat and elevated heart rate, I retrieved the bags of contraband and drove home.
I contacted an unlicensed pharmacist, and asked him to visit. He offered 40K for the entire batch and I readily accepted.
Fast forward………next year. The grower could not possibly have his patch in the same place. There was an easy way to find out. Flying over, DAMN! It was there again. So, with snips and hefty bags, I returned and harvested. Only 35K in revenue this time. Now for those of you that think I’m a creep for raiding this guy’s patch, let me say I only got 10%......the tops…..and they did stick to the wall. I have photographic evidence of this.
Fast forward again……..third year. What’s the chance of this guy growing in the same place again? So I overflew and sure enough, it was there again.
I was a little more cautious, but went into the woods, and the patch was there, but the grower was too. I returned at night, getting within 100 yards and saw the glow of a cigarette. Damn! Slowly, retreating, I resolved to think this through. It happened to rain the next morning and Eureka! I had a major brain fart. What’s the chances of him watering the patch in the rain? There is only one way to know. Approaching cautiously, I found the patch unattended and harvested again.
Contacting my guy, It was a 30K haul this time.
Fourth year? Nope…he went somewhere else. I still fly over there. Just in case………
What was that line in a Beatles song? “He would steal, but he would not rob.”

I’m only moderately ashamed of this.

Ryland

·
12,515 Posts
Wondering what the statute of limitations is

And we all made "interesting" choices in our youth

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
When I was flying for the National Guard I flew with state raid team some during the 90s, pot patches were easy to spot from the air, they have a slightly different shade of green from the natural foliage.

One trick to finding a patch was to find a cock farm or auto strip shop, then start doing ever enlarging circles until you found the pot patch. Those activities always seem to go together in this part of the country.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts