1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a fun shooting session with Dolf yesterday at Dave Rosenfield's place. The weather was pleasant with a temperature around 80. Dolf was complaining about some pain in his left leg when he arrived. But, that didn't stop him from doing some blasting with a Finish Mosin Nagant, a pair of M1 Carbines, a 1911, and a S&W 1917. I was quite content shooting a SIG 550. Dolf have plenty of misfires using surplus Egyptian and Iraqi 54R ammo. I can fully attest that real Swiss GP90 ammo is more accurate than Israeli SS109, FN M855, or 62gn hand loads.

After we ran out of ammo, we retired to Dave's shop and worked on assembling Dolf's Hotchkiss. The challenge was putting it together with a mixture of parts. The only thing I know for certain about a Hotchkiss is that it is heavy as hell.

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
"The only thing I know for certain about a Hotchkiss is that it is heavy as hell."

Thanks for the update Dan it sounds like a good day to me and after moving Dolf's Hotchkiss a number of times it really makes you appreciate what those guys went through back in the day especially when you consider they had people shooting at them!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
The only thing I know for certain about a Hotchkiss is that it is heavy as hell.
HA! :rofl: You can say that again!

But soooooo stable when shooting. I guess they built the sand bags most use to weigh down a tripod for other MGs into the receiver and barrel weight of the Hotchkiss. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts