1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys Dolf's 92 birthday is August 17th so if anyone here is so inclined to send him a card his address is below and I am sure he would appreciate it. Let's face it most of us won't see his age and I am pretty sure if we do we won't be attending gun shows let alone still be setting up at them like him! Just keep in mind he has always loved frogs and while it is hard to find a frog birthday card they have frog stamps at the post office which he and I use when we correspond but if you get one you have to write under the stamp "No you can't eat him" it is a little inside joke we have going and it will make him laugh. Dolf will literally go into a Chinese food market where they sell live frogs and buy them ALL and set them free to save them. Someday I will post here about he got expelled from his first boarding school over frogs, it is a very funny story.
Dolf Goldsmith
PO box 160249
San Antonio. Tx 78280

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am pretty sure Dolf has single handedly made sure frogs will never be on the endangered species list during the course of his life. A soldier did a sketch of him as a frog behind a Vickers back in the 70's which he hands out at the creek (barrelexchange did all the copies for him) He has had the nickname the old bullfrog for a long time.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Russ; Thank you for jogging my memory. Dolf put this bullfrog lawn ornament in our flower garden many years ago.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Russ
Thanks for sharing those details!
BP
It's the whole Italian guilt thing Bob ( only kidding) I just know so many here are fans of the big guy and we all tend to forget the little things in life I would throw it out there. I just got off the phone with grandpa and he is fired up as usual but we had a great chat. Spent the day with his best friend today and he is just as feisty as Dolf lol he worked me hard today!

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes and he was quite surprised so thanks to all who sent him a card. I hope we all make it to his age and are not only going to gun shows but are still as active in the hobby as Dolf is. We would be very lucky if we did. Of course the card I had my daughter make for him never got there in time? Silly me I mailed it eight days before his birthday figuring that should be good.

Reactions: pa123guns

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks @toolmanm203

Happy to hear that! I am guessing based on postal service times my card didn’t make it on this birthday. That’s ok though, he should celebrate all week and hopefully it makes each day mail that much better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts