1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Don’t click the link below if you’ve recently eaten.

If you have a 30 Browning with a slotted shroud or BA rivets or a blues version don’t click it at all.

Ha,Ha I took the bait. That looks like the butcher job that sons of guns (Red Jacket Firearms) did back in the past. o_O

·
Registered
471 Posts
What in the f**k, who would do such a thing. At least it isn’t chromed with flames on the side. 🤢🤮 If you want an M249 please buy an M249!!!

·
BeltFed GURU
4,271 Posts
Anybody remember the TNW 230 add on ? That is what you are looking at nothing more , does not make it worth near the money !!

·
11,182 Posts
i don't have an account there so cant see the photos.

but if its anything like that abomination that tnw made, id rather not even see it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What in the f**k, who would do such a thing.
I would...but a little different. IMO, the front end of the M230 is fugly.

If you want an M249 please buy an M249!!!
And you would happen to have a transferable M249? Actually the TNW M230 is an attempt at a "poor man's" M240

Here's mine...and I love it! Don't knock it till you've tried it! It's especially nice and smooth with the open-bolt fire control parts.

Mine is way prettier and certainly more portable than a 1919a6 IMO...

·
Registered
76 Posts
How on earth does that trigger assembly work?
The m230 trigger assembly and the back plate are 2 separate parts that interface with each other. The m230 trigger has a larger extension that pushes up on the trigger in the 1919, i had to bend mine to fit. Overall makes it a poor mans m240 as mentioned before. I have it on one of my 1919's and its a blast. Also agree, the front is ugly so i run an m230 rear with a 1919a4 bipod and shroud

·
Registered
471 Posts

And you would happen to have a transferable M249? Actually the TNW M230 is an attempt at a "poor man's" M240

Here's mine...and I love it! Don't knock it till you've tried it! It's especially nice and smooth with the open-bolt fire control parts.

View attachment 98666
Not a big fan of frankenguns but I have to say that yours is very cool looking. Nice job

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would like to shoot these.
what’s the performance like?
I like it alot, i have a scoped semi build that makes it alot easier to shoot at distance because you dont have that awkward trigger. I bet its a total blast in full auto!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would like to shoot these. what’s the performance like?
I really like my version of the M230 setup. LMG setups in general require less "stuff" to be hauled to the range and are more "grab & go." This setup is a lot lighter with its 16.5" barrel and less "clunky" than an A6...and if you notice, I've grafted the spring-loaded quick-deploy legs from an Izzy FAL to the bipod boss of the Izzy A6.

As for shooting...it's very nice and smooth with the open-bolt parts kit installed. Some people like fast shooting guns...I generally don't. The feel and speed of the gun firing from open-bolt is more like shooting an M60. I typically shoot it in .308, but it also runs like butter in 7.62x39 with one of Troy's conversion kits with 16.5" barrel.

I have a couple other F/A 1919a4s, and do enjoy shooting them off the tripod...but this configuration is honestly my favorite.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

View attachment 98666
Now THAT I’m in love with!

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
This is why I got into the 'Fight-Lite' belt fed .223. It's lighter,smaller and shoots the M249 links and boxes. The fight-lite is my trunk gun...with 700-rds of ammo linked,belted and ready for any...contingency.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts