1919 A4 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You mean $86 to $94 which is not as great of a deal since I have two brand new Superior Arms lowers and LPK's sitting in the safe that were ordered on Nov 28th and delivered on Dec 18 that were $78 per from AIM. They are $84 now.

It sounds like Doublestar has pushed us to the back of the line and we are still months out. The remark about honoring the price but putting us at the back of the line with the original supplier is not acceptable since they have been sitting on 100 k for a month.

It would be a shame for the ATFE to do a complete audit of their facilities and records.
I can pay $100 right now and have AR lowers delivered to my door in under a week. $94 bucks is not a bargain when one considers the wait involved.

For the record, ATF does not get involved in **** like this. People that ***** and moan about how an FFL does business and threaten to call ATF are out of touch with what ATF's function and legal purview is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I say we pay the 8 bucks each and get them coming. What would the ETA be? I don't think that another manufacturer is going to get us the same/better lower for similar money on a good timeline right now. We need to push this through and get those **** lowers in the mail!!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I'll pay the $6, or the $8, or whatever... And PLEASE, Chris, do NOT take this as directed at you and yours in any way, but...

ONE OF THESE DAYS, THIS BOOM PERIOD OF SALES WILL BE OVER- AND THERE WILL BE A LOT OF GUN PEOPLE WHO WILL REMEMBER THIS SORT OF THING. MAYBE there will be a ban, maybe not. Maybe there will be, and eventually it will get overturned by the courts or a new congress and POTUS. But some of these manufactuers should keep in mind that S&W lost a lot of business for a LONG time after the Clinton era, and that was for shafting us less than some of what is being pulled in the market these days. Yeah, they don't give a tinker's damn for now, because they have more orders than they can fill.

But time passes faster than ill memories, and those who feel screwed today will be the ones buying guns 5 years from now, when this sales boom is a distant memory. Don't believe me? Ask the folks who build custom motorcycles just how fast a boom market can go bust, and how playing the "We cheat the others, and pass the savings on to YOU!" game then has helped them today.

As they say, Payback's a *****. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll pay the $6, or the $8, or whatever... And PLEASE, Chris, do NOT take this as directed at you and yours in any way, but...

ONE OF THESE DAYS, THIS BOOM PERIOD OF SALES WILL BE OVER- AND THERE WILL BE A LOT OF GUN PEOPLE WHO WILL REMEMBER THIS SORT OF THING. MAYBE there will be a ban, maybe not. Maybe there will be, and eventually it will get overturned by the courts or a new congress and POTUS. But some of these manufactuers should keep in mind that S&W lost a lot of business for a LONG time after the Clinton era, and that was for shafting us less than some of what is being pulled in the market these days. Yeah, they don't give a tinker's damn for now, because they have more orders than they can fill.

But time passes faster than ill memories, and those who feel screwed today will be the ones buying guns 5 years from now, when this sales boom is a distant memory. Don't believe me? Ask the folks who build custom motorcycles just how fast a boom market can go bust, and how playing the "We cheat the others, and pass the savings on to YOU!" game then has helped them today.

As they say, Payback's a *****. :rolleyes:
You are 100% right!!! You guys remember the primer shortage about 15 years back? One local supplyer would only sell primers to you if you bought his cast bullets in an equal amount. I called them mud bullets cause they were 100% (or darn near it) lead and would literally "mud" up your barrel. Another source was keeping their standerd markup and would sell as many as you wanted - although they did ask you to just by enough for what you needed. These folks were doing a great job of keeping us IPSC shooters supplied and did it fairly. Guess who I buy stuff from today and who I don't?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Demand going down-already????
FYI-Just went to a 700 table gun show in Lakeland,Fl-wasn't like in Nov-Dec gun shows(2) in Lakeland.Parking at Nov gun show was so full the parking people told you come back in an hour maybe there would be spaces and wall to wall people. This time plenty of ARs(prices up $100-$300), cases of ammo(about +3%-8% of AmmoMan price),parking spaces and walking room. I did see a shortage of cheap 9mm though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I can pay $100 right now and have AR lowers delivered to my door in under a week. $94 bucks is not a bargain when one considers the wait involved.

For the record, ATF does not get involved in **** like this. People that ***** and moan about how an FFL does business and threaten to call ATF are out of touch with what ATF's function and legal purview is.
$100 -where from?:confused:--1 week?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just for the record... Chris, Brian, and Dianne are all great people only trying to help out this hobby of ours..... I know first hand as I have know these people for many years.....

Put yourself in Chris's shoes.. I feel for him.. I do think Double star should keep their promise as they said...Sounds like they are trying to scam.. If DS makes 1500 recievers a week they should take like 250 of them a week and put towards this GB and not charge extra....If the other customers get part of their order as well they would be happier than not getting anything at all.... I dont think DB knows how to run a business and keep the customer happy...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the update on the status of things. I'm in for chipping in the 6 or 8 bucks assuming we can finish this buy reasonably quickly as time may matter if new laws start getting passed... But I would agree that we would need to get something fairly concrete in terms of a delivery guarantee and price guarantee so this doesn't happen again.

In terms of the possibility of switching vendors if we do that I think we would need to give people the choice of whether to stay in the buy if that occurred. Personally if you opted for Essential or Superior I'd probably cease to be interested because I could have bought those direct for cheaper within the time span of this group buy and because I felt that doublestar had some better reviews in terms of quality so I opted to stick it out to get a better quality lower. Just wouldn't want to get a lower with a less than perfect finish or an out of spec mag well...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can't imagine that my $.02 counts for much, but I say go with the $8 increase, but only on the conditions that it does not rise again, and a firm shipping date is established. If they can't agree to that, I imagine they just want to keep everybody hanging and keep raising the prices.

Thanks for all your hard work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't imagine that my $.02 counts for much, but I say go with the $8 increase, but only on the conditions that it does not rise again, and a firm shipping date is established. If they can't agree to that, I imagine they just want to keep everybody hanging and keep raising the prices.

Thanks for all your hard work.
+1 for 6 or 8, whatever Chris decides.

I think this post is a good summary of what most of the guys are thinking right now.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just for the record... Chris, Brian, and Dianne are all great people only trying to help out this hobby of ours..... I know first hand as I have know these people for many years.....

Put yourself in Chris's shoes.. I feel for him.. I do think Double star should keep their promise as they said...Sounds like they are trying to scam.. If DS makes 1500 recievers a week they should take like 250 of them a week and put towards this GB and not charge extra....If the other customers get part of their order as well they would be happier than not getting anything at all.... I dont think DB knows how to run a business and keep the customer happy...
You mean "I dont think "DS" not DB-right?:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does this sound familiar to anyone here? I paid via Credit Card, then sent a Money Order for the same amount when the CC deal fell through. My credit card still has not been refunded so I am, at least for now, paying double. Of course , at first, my emails were answered, but lately they have been pretty much ignored.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does this sound familiar to anyone here? I paid via Credit Card, then sent a Money Order for the same amount when the CC deal fell through. My credit card still has not been refunded so I am, at least for now, paying double. Of course , at first, my emails were answered, but lately they have been pretty much ignored.
You only have one post:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm for going ahead and paying the extra $ to get these A.S.A.P.. My further dealings with DoubleStar / J&T, however, may be diverted back to Armalite and Del-Ton. I understand they had a price increase and do not wish for them to lose money, but to backcharge after the order is placed does little to endear them to a lot of folks. Thanks for your dedication to this, and sorry for your multiple headaches.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wtfo

This is ridiculous.

FIRST. There already seems to be someone here who know the manufacturer in some capacity. I would think we would at least ask if it is possible to purchase direct and get a ship date.

SECOND. CUE is recording conversations. This tells me he doesn't trust DS one bit either. It seems fishy that DS has done this twice to this group buy and is known for doing this previously.

THIRD. Someone here seems to know that prices drop after 1000 orders. How do they know and why haven't they tried help a little more.

It seems like everyone loves to ***** about a problem but never wants to do anything about it. There is page after page of complaints on the previous string and now here everyone is rolling over. What a bunch of hopeless quitters.

No wonder taxes are high and we have Obama in the White House. Hell I remember buying a handgun a few days after the election where this guy just whined and whined about the election. I asked him who he voted for... "Oh, I didn't vote, blah blah blah." Has the United States really come down to people who just talk big and then don't stand up for themselves?:mad:

My opinion, go direct to a manufacturer. How much do you think DS is making on each lower, $20? That's $80,000 extra for the manufacturer. I'm sure a manufacturer would love to see that extra profit. And that's certainly an incentive for a quicker shipping date. Hell, give me the numbers and I will call them myself. It's a simple question. "I've got $325,000. How fast can you get me 4000 lowers? Can it be done or not?" And if we can get direct pricing we can still get our price and CUE gets DS's lost profit. Certainly a handsome bonus for his problems. Hell, if DS's profit is only $5 per then that's $20K in CUE's pocket.

Richard

·
Registered
12 Posts
on one hand, I say we get it in writing, and pay the extra $$ just to get this over with, but demand a real date and written contract.

on the other hand..... if someone wants to contact another manufacturer directly....

Aero Precision is a manufacturer in Tacoma, WA that makes lowers for Armalite and many others, they've made some lowers with their own name on them. AIM Surplus previously had these on their website (for $100??). They are a mil spec lower with a high shelf (not drop-in-auto-sear compatible). excellent quality.
I believe this is the contact info:http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/company.cfm?company=605017

·
Registered
87 Posts
41 - 60 of 583 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.