1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gun has ben doubling lately when shooting with the thumb pad, and today while running the crank the gun seemed to out run the crank, when it wasn't doubling it seemed to slow to crank speed, then speed up and shoot faster than I was cranking. I went through a 250 rd belt for the first time without missing a beat, my arm got tired, but it was fun. Anyone got any ideas how to stop the doubling?

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
If it's doubling by itself, make sure the cocking lever isn't slapping the top of the sear on return to battery. Angle top of sear a tad or file small notch in the lever.

Check your trigger disconnector to make sure it's sliding freely along the top of the trigger (if it's a KMP) and that the spring didn't dislodge.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
I second Lobo's suggestion. Just a note from personal experience, I had to rap pretty hard on the cocking lever to make it trip the sear by itself, but it would do it under a heavy tap, thus also under recoil from firing. You may have to rap it with a wooden dowel or hammer handle - just enough to make it spring down and hit the top of the sear. Don't over beat it, it doesn't tak e all that much, but just pushing on it with your thumb may not be enough to test it and make it contact the sear. JMHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts