1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Toolman shared these awesome links with me a while back and I've been using them to research on all the M1919 history. While it's great that these exist in the web archieve I was wondering if there would be a way to get a copy of these sites so that if they become unavailable on the web archive the knowledge and reference info wont be lost. If anyone knows any way to do that please reply here. I'm sure I'm not the only one that really wants to see this history preserved.

Thank you!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to do so for the complete site and all the associated sub pages? There's a lot on each and doing so would be really manual and break all the links at best I thought.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I would agree. We need an active archive for these sites and others. I have a lot of Canadian material for the C1 and C5A1 Brownings and early M1919 and 1917 used by the Canadians. I would be willing to donate it to the web site. There needs to be a mechanism for posting to an archive. I know it can be done. Milsurp.com does it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was just thinking, haven't seen kkkriverrats here in a while; hope he's doing well

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I was just thinking, haven't seen kkkriverrats here in a while; hope he's doing well
KKKriverrats will not come back to the board guys he is gone forever. He was so angry that the board owners bought the tech forum and then shut it down that he is done with it. He has given me permission to use all of his intellectual property so that will be attached to Browningmgs.com and will live on. I just need to catch up on a few things because life has been non stop this year but I promise both will be up and running and I will let everyone here know first. Many here played a strong part in the tech forum and I do plan on protecting all that info hopefully for a few generations at least.

Reactions: 42rocker

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Russ-- Thanks for the post. If you wish my material please let me know.
Will do Frank and thank you it is my goal to save all this info onto Jon's site so guys will have it for years to come.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
KKKriverrats will not come back to the board guys he is gone forever. He was so angry that the board owners bought the tech forum and then shut it down that he is done with it.
That doesn't make sense. That'd be like buying a car that turned out to be a lemon, then telling yourself that not only would you never buy from that manufacturer again, you would never ride in one or talk about it ever again. How is chatting on the forum with friends getting back at VerticalScope?

If he no longer has interest in Browning machineguns, that'd make more sense.

I enjoyed his posts and his presence here is missed.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
"KKKriverrats will not come back to the board guys he is gone forever. "
Sorry to hear about this as he was an interesting fellow. Added a LOT of info to this site and gave and shared a lot of info on his site. A good Mod for the old site also. He will be missed by a lot of folks. Hope he changes his mind and comes back.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
There is a program that you can buy which will go in and download an exact copy of both sites. I've seen it and used it and of course lost it. You could only use the one copy which is on one of my old computers. Search the web and you should find it. There are several LONG hard ways to copy the sites but I shall hope that Russ keeps those sites up.

THANKS Russ and Thanks to Charlie and all of those that helped out with the Tech site. Thanks to John Morgan for the Browning Machine gun website and again to all of those who helped out with it. If I got a name wrong Please let me know so I can correct it.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts