1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm on my 2nd build.. everything is right to my knowledge but I cant seem to get everything to lock up once charged. I have head spaced, head spaced, head spaced.! The barrel ext and barrel slide nice and lock up nice with the reunion when the locking frame and bolt are removed but when those 2 are added there's no cigar.. thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also it locks up fine when the bolt is removed and the accelerator is triggered to release from the barrel ext...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello
Check and see if your right rear cart. stop is hitting on the bolt
Good luck

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Your breach block is in up side down (I think)…It's hard to tell from the pics but it seem to me that With the barrel extention fully forward the breach block should be sitting higher then it looks from the pics.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
After looking closer it seems to be good...Taper is facing the front and serial# on the top...+ I don't think you could the barrel extension in if the breach block was upside down.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After looking closer it seems to be good...Taper is facing the front and serial# on the top...+ I don't think you could the barrel extension in if the breach block was upside down.
Right.. it's not upside down.. everything works as normal untill the bolt is added. I dont see anything hitting or binding. 30calmachinegunner done the internals so there isn't a issue there. He did mention to me my breach block was badly worn but I replaced it with another I had.. same issue

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Any chance you added a safety bar to it and if so is the rivet protruding into the box?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I removed the breach block and it locks up as it should no issues.. here's pictures of the block. Note 8 have tried 2 different blocks. Which they both look to be in similar condition. Here's pictures

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Can you verify that the breech lock cam in the bottom plate is "slightly" loose enough to allow some wiggle, and what the impact is on asembly if you loosen it a bit more ? I just had a guy have a similar problem and that solved his issue - Then look to see of the breech block will move up and lock the bolt if the lock frame and bolt are out of the gun. lastly, can you loosen head space ( unthread the barrel ) enough for the gun to go into battery ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've tried the cam tight at ¼,½,and full turns with the same results.. everything works as it should with out the breach block in the assembly. And the breach block slides and locks good when out side of the gun but every thing isn't working when in the box..

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I've tried the cam tight at ¼,½,and full turns with the same results.. everything works as it should with out the breach block in the assembly. And the breach block slides and locks good when out side of the gun but every thing isn't working when in the box..
The only thing I can come up with is that you are not installing the breech block correctly or that your bolt is damaged at the lugs

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The cam is forward facing and in the groove. Also the bolt is in nice shape. The cam screw isn't protruding thru 9r anything either.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts