1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search in the old forum and some people have had there toys engraved at trophy shops, The engraving as I have seen is not all that deep or look like it was stamped. So how well did the engraving hold up to being blasted and parkarized?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would hold the blasting nozzle about a foot away (depends on your blaster) and just hit it enough to discolor the metal.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have asked this earlier but does anyone have pics to share to show how well it shows up after refinishing?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,150 Posts
The only engraving with a reputation for being easy to blast off is the ORF stuff. I know that plates from Brass Cartridge, daves100 and T&S have very deep engraving, and the custom stuff by Steve at Tom Sawyer Mfg is nice and deep. I'd post a pic of one of mine, but I never seem to get my own guns parked. Lots have been done in my tanks, though!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen the work and plates by those that have been posted here for awhile. But I would like to see the finished engraving of those who had a trophy shop mark there creation, As to how well it stood up to being blasted and parked.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of all the posts on this subject in the old forum no one here went this route and have anything to say about how well it has held up?:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts