1919 A4 Forums banner

Early FN Browning link/belt

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  delta6 
#1 ·
I thought I would share this with you since I know there are a few folks into the belt and link collecting and history. Dolf gave me this section of belt and told me it was an early FN made example during the development stages of the Browning's at FN and the only one he has ever seen over the years. I myself have never seen one so I thought it was pretty cool. Obviously the starter tab is a WWII USGI one he added because of course when he found it he had to try it immediately to see how it worked. It is very easy to load and unload by hand and yet it holds the rounds quite firmly so the design it great other than it would not be useful in aircraft for the obvious reasons. Anyways I just thought a few here would appreciate it.

See less See more
#6 ·
Neat belt - "almost" like this one ..... I have a complete 250 rd one - I seem to remember it was a ZB type ?. Came with 8mm ammo on it. We bought a bunch of 8mm back in the late 80s or early 90s, came on mostly MG34 type belts, but a lot of odd belt/ link stuff too- French AA52 , this type, some other odd ducks. ammo was a real mix. even found Incendiary. East German , WWII German, Middle eastern, no idea where it had been stored but it pretty much all shot.

I am sure Dolf was correct - has anyone seen one like that section before ?

#7 ·
That one is certainly close MG08 nd I have seen those over the years but very few of them. This one had me stumped when I was down at Dolf's and I can usually idenrify even the rarest of Browning stuff but I must admit he got me on this one. I am 56 and still learning from him after 26 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.