·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
What will the ATF say???

Nevermind EvilBay, even in that rusted condition, Im sure the ATF will still consider it a firearm. Thats a shame, because Id LOVE to own a piece of history like that in my gun room.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Really nice pics. Thx for posting the link. One day we're gonna get them babies running in semi.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
a local courthouse has one of them setting out in the rain, its been on display for decades and the rust has eaten through some parts despite the brushed on black paint. The pod is more or less fatened to piece of concrete and I am shocked it has never walked off. Hotch

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hotchkissmtrifle said:
a local courthouse has one of them setting out in the rain, its been on display for decades and the rust has eaten through some parts despite the brushed on black paint. The pod is more or less fatened to piece of concrete and I am shocked it has never walked off. Hotch
If it was around my 'hood it would have vanished over night.

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
A similar story to that from hotchkissmtrifle. My college roommate?s father brought an MG08/15 back from WWI and in the 1970s had it displayed as a lawn ornament at their Orangeburg, SC home.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Mh08/15

Makes me sick but back in 1962 I could have bought a nice one at a gun show for $25.00. But I didn't have the money.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Aleady removed from evil bay as of 1300 hrs . Shame that they cant let history be sold. thanks for the second link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts