1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,205 Posts
Perhaps, in theory. I don't do any import/export, but my understanding is that actually getting such a purchase approved is virtually impossible. It's one thing if one is a major player, well connected with the right contacts in the bureaucracy, but the average SOT would probably have a hard time pulling that off, even though that shouldn't be the case. There is no incentive for the bureaucrats to sign off on such an import.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Perhaps, in theory. I don't do any import/export, but my understanding is that actually getting such a purchase approved is virtually impossible. It's one thing if one is a major player, well connected with the right contacts in the bureaucracy, but the average SOT would probably have a hard time pulling that off, even though that shouldn't be the case. There is no incentive for the bureaucrats to sign off on such an import.
I recently watched a Forgotten Weapons video on importing firearms, Ian has done it many times. But it does seem like a pretty involved process. The one thing he didn't talk about was whether an SOT could import a machine gun. I assume that would complicate things since you would also need a demo letter along with the rest of the paperwork, if they would allow it at all.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts