1919 A4 Forums banner

ebay right side Saginaw, plates for sale complete from POLAND

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  702Labs 
#1 ·
I see someone is trying to sell 2 right side plates of a 1919a4 why hasn't this been flagged?
Have the rules changed? Just asking,,, check it out......

BTW staying as far from this as possible Recommend you do the same

#4 ·
My guess is that e-Bay has no clue about this component, as these have been listed off and on for some time. They are perfectly legal in most of Europe. It's only the United States that defines the RSP as the "firearm." The seller may or may not know (or care) about the fact that these are contraband in the U.S. It would be a good thing if he added "will not ship to the U.S." just to ward off those here who might be foolish enough to try it. But he has no obligation to do that from Poland. Just apply the old "buyer beware" standard and all is good.

#9 ·
i think there is a simple explenation why this stuff is on ebay right now
remember europe had the AVG, it,s a new law that protects people personal information, been used and shared also via the internet, introduced at may 25th 2018
that was one of the reasons, auction sites like gunbroker blocked all sellers/buyers registerd in and from europe
i guess this ebay sellers use to be on gunbroker, were he cant sell anymore, and he is trying his luck now on ebay.

but yea, it,s tricky to do so. the new law that became effictive also in germany at september 1sth also makes it forbidden to own,/ buy ore sell stuff like this, but the guy is from poland, so he can simply ignore all of that

#11 ·
You have to assume anything like this is a set-up. As has already been said, best to stay away from it and not dwell on what might have been. As far as eBay knowing gun stuff, they don’t. I see barreled actions being sold as “barrels” pretty often, usually sold as estate items by survivors who don’t know what it is, or by estate
Brokers who also don’t know what it is.

#13 ·
Those fools at ebay don't even know which end of the gun to look down. I have seen more and more of this stuff on ebay the past few years and wonder how people think they are going to buy it and get away with it without anyone knowing? You know there is some bubba out there that thinks no one is watching (right) and you just cant fix stupid. I am actually surprised we do not hear of more arrests involving such cases but I did hear about the sting they did on the guy from Russia with the AK parts and they got quite a few guys in that operation on both sides of the pond so be careful with whom you deal with guys.

#15 ·
Aw c'mon, MSG. We all know those are custom made, high quality, extremely dangerous assault belt fed weapon rivets that, in and of themselves, are a grave threat to humanity.

I will probably need some more of those soon myself! 😈

#16 ·
BATFE used to play a lot on Ebay. Many times, a long long time ago, I would see all the parts needed (3 or 4) to convert a normal GI M1 carbine to a M2 carbine (machine gun). I would report it to Ebay and Ebay would NOT remove it. That is back in the days, if you complained about anything, Ebay would pull it, even if it was not even close to being a black listed item.

#18 ·
On the other hand, sometimes this stuff just slips through without a hitch. Also, perhaps the buyer is not American. I am not sure how one can tell.

#22 ·
Perhaps, in theory. I don't do any import/export, but my understanding is that actually getting such a purchase approved is virtually impossible. It's one thing if one is a major player, well connected with the right contacts in the bureaucracy, but the average SOT would probably have a hard time pulling that off, even though that shouldn't be the case. There is no incentive for the bureaucrats to sign off on such an import.

#23 ·
I recently watched a Forgotten Weapons video on importing firearms, Ian has done it many times. But it does seem like a pretty involved process. The one thing he didn't talk about was whether an SOT could import a machine gun. I assume that would complicate things since you would also need a demo letter along with the rest of the paperwork, if they would allow it at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.