1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well! As I tap this out Thursday night, I'm sitting back in the hotel room. The line positions have NOT been posted yet and we couldn't set anything up. Don't know where our positions are. So Friday morning is going to be a Fustercluck.

It is cold up here! Usually, we are drenched in sweat by Thursday evening, not this time. The Wok & Roll Chinese joint is gone, Lu Lins is still there and better than ever. An entire new road has been built and dumps out right at the Sunset Motor Inn, avoiding the entire downtown of Morrisville.

Dave Villeneuve is doing MAJOR renovations on the range. Looks like they dynamited all the rock ledge out of the ground where people used to camp and eat off their grill. The entire parking lot has been expanded by maybe five times as big. The firing line itself has had the fence line moved back some 20-25 feet and extended another 50-75 feet to the right, meaning more line positions. Another change is that in order to put up a canopy, you need to have at least 3 line positions for a 12x12 canopy. If you buy 5 line positions, you are allowed a 20 foot wide canopy. If you have only 1 line position, you will NOT be allowed to erect a canopy. This actually a good thing. I can't tell you how many times someone set up a huge 'Taj Mahal' , took up 20 feet of fence line and only have a 4 foot line position. Four or five guys do this and eventually you are 50 feet off to the side of YOUR line position. Kudos to Dave for figuring this out and implementing it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 80s and partly cloudy.

We'll see.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It was a great pleasure to attend this classic event and hang with old friends and un-indicted co-conspirators. Rich (Shattered) and his lovely bride, Kathleen were gracious and hospitable. As one who now looks at this sport/hobby/obsession/ business from the outside, I must say there is a remarkable beauty in this that may not be obvious when immersed and consumed by it.

Troy and Christina hosted us at a very cool cabin that beats the local hotels or camping. I made a non-stop flight back to Richmond with an in-flight movie that iced the cake. Altogether this was a fabulous adventure.

This is a shooter's event. Unlike the highly commercial other venues, it's simple, down-home, and cordial. Anyone that comes to shoot will do so. After being on the 'waiting list' at KCR for eight years, this event is just what we needed.

Ryland

1 - 2 of 2 Posts