1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sucks! Truly depressed! I’m not surprised but I am surprise it was canceled this early.
At this point I’m thinking SAR west. If that show happens. Head out and see some of the west coast guys!

·
Registered
196 Posts
What the heck go figure I've been saving money for my first time to KC, I'm personally ready for this year to be over...

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
What the heck go figure I've been saving money for my first time to KC, I'm personally ready for this year to be over...
The heck with the creek just make a road trip to my shop J. I am always happy to take all your money and will even cook you crummy hot dogs just so you can pretend.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,100 Posts
The heck with the creek just make a road trip to my shop J. I am always happy to take all your money and will even cook you crummy hot dogs just so you can pretend.
Hey, I am down with that. I'm usually going to Knob Creek via your place anyway. We can just have our own event at your shop!

Hoping SAR does not suffer the same fate, this is depressing. Though, I am glad to know this far ahead on KCR. My understanding is that they wanted to make a decision as soon as possible. Not only does that effect the planning and costs for attendees, the range itself does not have to spend untold sums of man hours to organize and prep. This is far better for them than a last minute decision as happened in the Spring.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Open invite to Russ's place, I'll bring kalbasie and buns. Get me a head count.

·
Registered
849 Posts
We usually just head to KCR early friday morning and head back home around 5:00. One of my friends who has never been, wanted to see the night shoot so we booked rooms at the gold manor for the weekend. It would've been nice meeting some of you guys.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Horror! Damn the Chinese and NYC! That’s like cancelling Christmas
I received the news as a text during a meeting here at APEX.
Suddenly my mind was off the topic of the meeting!
I waited till we had concluded to inform Jeff, James and Jesse that the Knob Creek show and shoot had been cancelled.
I won't miss preparing for the trip, I WILL miss the camaraderie of being with the friends we only see in Kentucky!

Richard

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,100 Posts
Yep, you are right, Richard. Missing the chance to see everyone there is the worst part. I hear that SAR is still on track, as of now. So, looks like I won't need to fly anywhere this year, as SAR is a driving trip for me. And all the prep that goes with it. Maybe Russ and I need to make a Colorado trip!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m very disappointed too. It’s the highlight of of my year.
I’ve never gone in the spring but I’m planning on it now.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
SOS in February will be the next show on my schedule.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
There goes my vacation. How much for tables at your creek show Toolman? Do I get a couple badges and show up on Wednesday? How’s the camping situation or hotel prices? Walter wants to know if there are any Chinese buffets as well. Put us down for 3 tables and confirm our reservations if you would, thanks.
CaptMax

Reactions: Abominog

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Knob Creeks updated explanation is below:

While we are essential...large events in KY have not been cleared. Large events are still being canceled or being viewed virtually, such as sports, Thunder Over Louisville and the KY Derby. We wanted to give spectators, vendors, and shooters enough time to rearrange plans and ensure everyone’s health is our top priority. We don’t have the ability to abide by all of the CDC and the state of Kentucky health guidelines to host our event with enough spacing, hand sanitizer, and other disinfectants to maintain such a large crowd. We don’t want to invest a ton of money, time and energy (we begin prep work in July) only to be forced to cancel at the last minute leaving our vendors and travelers to attempt to cancel their plans (like we had to do for the April shoot). We hope all can understand! We appreciate your support and can’t wait to see in April!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Open invite to Russ's place, I'll bring kalbasie and buns. Get me a head count.

Awesome, can we camp out and shoot flares, get sh*t faced drunk and blow up loud fireworks till the wee hours in the morning like in the good-ol-days at the knob creek campground ?

HEAD COUNT 4 FOR RUSS CREEK (y)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts