1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FBI thwarts machine gun attack at Milwaukee Masonic Temple. As the sentence reads the attack was planned by Samy Mohamed Hamzeh and he has been arrested by the FBI. He is being accused of plotting mass murder and several firearms crimes including buying F/A and suppressors from undercover FBI agents. Democratic mayor Tom Barrett made an announcement detailing the arrest and planned attack. No where in his speech did he even hint that this should be called a terrorist attack. Sadly the mayor has the standard democrat anti-gun record. Had this attack been carried out would he blame the guns as was the case in California's terrorist attack? Follow the link to read the complete story as currently available.

http://mashable.com/2016/01/26/milwaukee-masonic-temple-attack/#ErUR1Cx8JSqi

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
More detailed report by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...kee-masonic-temple-b99659005z1-366609371.html

"Jeff Cramer, a former federal prosecutor, said a criminal complaint is used to arrest someone and it appears there was urgency to take Hamzeh into custody. Prosecutors still must present the case to the grand jury, when additional charges may be added, including a terrorism-related count, but that will depend on the facts of the case, Cramer said. Such counts generally require approval from the Justice Department in Washington."

That last line is a surprise to me! That means Barack Husaain Obummer's DOJ is the ultimate decider of whether this guy is a terrorist or not!?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
I must be watching too many news casts. For some reason this guy looks very very familiar to me. :eek:

But then again, one of those clowns [three total] that escaped from prison 4 days ago also looks very familiar to me - as if he had been depicted on a news cast earlier some time. Maybe during his arrest and trial??

Dunno - but it's scary.............

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Since the guns were offered by an undercover agent his lawyer will probably claim entrapment as a defense. He will probably claim he had no intention of buying an illegal weapon until it was offered and the agent induced him to commit a crime. He will probably also claim he never actually "possessed" the guns as they still belonged to the government and were never actually his.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
"Conspiracy" to commit.... He won't get off.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grandmaster of Masons

I'm very pleased with the statement by the Grandmaster. His statement regarding religious tolerance and acceptance of all faiths is correct. Many may not have been aware of this, but it is one of the basic tenets.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Since the guns were offered by an undercover agent his lawyer will probably claim entrapment as a defense. He will probably claim he had no intention of buying an illegal weapon until it was offered and the agent induced him to commit a crime. He will probably also claim he never actually "possessed" the guns as they still belonged to the government and were never actually his.
Yep. And the general public will see this kind of thing and then assume that anyone can just buy F/A's and suppressors person to person. Thats whats killing our credibility as honest gun owners. The vast majority of the general public still thinks you can just walk into Bobs gun mart and buy a full auto AK.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
ScottD [B said:
SEZ:[/B] ".... the general public will see this kind of thing and then assume that anyone can just buy F/A's and suppressors person to person."

AND ONLINE too. How does this lie continue to not get debunked! Really! Aren't ATF rules the same for dealers online, in person-to-person, at gun shows, etc.? If one's in the business of selling firearms one must have an FFL with all the appropriate paperwork and background checks for sales?

To sell legally to a citizen in one thing. To do business underground is something else. That happens everywhere in the world and is illegal. The USA is no different there -- you can't do it, legally!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
ScottD [B said:
SEZ:[/B] ".... the general public will see this kind of thing and then assume that anyone can just buy F/A's and suppressors person to person."

AND ONLINE too. How does this lie continue to not get debunked! Really! Aren't ATF rules the same for dealers online, in person-to-person, at gun shows, etc.? If one's in the business of selling firearms one must have an FFL with all the appropriate paperwork and background checks for sales?

To sell legally to a citizen in one thing. To do business underground is something else. That happens everywhere in the world and is illegal. The USA is no different there -- you can't do it, legally!

Carry On!
Gary
><>
Nope. I thought the same thing was true until I saw copies of listings on Craigs List selling firearms to individual buyers and bypassing ATF Regs. Now admittedly these listing were presented on one of the major TV Media channels, so that might throw some doubt on the vlidity of them, but even so, if it is possible to sell like that on Craigs List, that definitely opens the door to the statement of online gun sales......

Never heard of it until a little over a month ago - but it opened my eyes a little on the claims.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Nope. I thought the same thing was true until I saw copies of listings on Craigs List selling firearms to individual buyers and bypassing ATF Regs. Now admittedly these listing were presented on one of the major TV Media channels, so that might throw some doubt on the vlidity of them, but even so, if it is possible to sell like that on Craigs List, that definitely opens the door to the statement of online gun sales......

Never heard of it until a little over a month ago - but it opened my eyes a little on the claims.
Craigslist prohibits the slae of firearms. If you post a gun for sale, you will be removed and flagged in no time.

Facefook now has a 'for sale' section, the anti's are jumping all over that too, but the same rules apply...FFL for ANY mailed transactions. If sellers choose differently, its their own ignorance.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

I can buy a boat, a car, ammo, or whatever and have it shipped across country straight to me. I can buy a gun face-to-face, but only in state, or those with borders. Tell me how having to ship to a FFL makes any real difference? Hey, who drank the Kool Aid?

The "online gun sales" thing is another leftist scam, another "pretend" event that no doubt does happen, but does so at such a miniscule rate that it makes no difference.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
I can buy a boat, a car, ammo, or whatever and have it shipped across country straight to me. I can buy a gun face-to-face, but only in state, or those with borders. Tell me how having to ship to a FFL makes any real difference? Hey, who drank the Kool Aid?

The "online gun sales" thing is another leftist scam, another "pretend" event that no doubt does happen, but does so at such a miniscule rate that it makes no difference.
AGREED WHOLE HEARTEDLY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts