1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished my retro build with the arrival of my NODAK SPUD lower this weekend. Every little detent, spring, etc is USGI Colt with the exception of the stripper lower, barrel, scope, and launcher. Spent just a little over what a low grade AR goes for.

NODAK did an AWESOME job with the lower. They match perfectly. Upper is a 1975+ M16A1 upper, so technically 3 prong hider is wrong, but I love the look and had to have it.

With all the retro builds, I wanted to change it up a bit with the M203.

Really happy with this lightweight AR. My tactical AR might be sitting in the safe allot more!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to beat NoDak Spud. I've built a few of their lowers and uppers. I like the NDS-15 the best.

Steamer
I cannot express how impressed I was with their lower. It even came way ahead of expected back order! I taped the entire thing while assembling it because I couldn't stand to scratch it! Look up was ALMOST too tight, perfect for accuracy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I tried to have the company NODAK recommends do that, but they wouldn't do to copy right issues :(

If I get it engraved, will I have to refinish the receiver?
Yes, I tried them too. Then I went with these guys... No issues. Great work. You don't have to refinish. They hit it with some Alumablack... which looks fine but I wanted to white it out anyway. Spend that kind of money on engraving, I wanted to see where my money went. I think it really adds to the looks. I handed my gun to a M16 collect with over 20 registered early M16s. He thought I had a reweld early receiver. He could not tell from the looks alone that it was not the real deal. Now I am tempted to have my upper reanodized to match.... however I already have enough in this build.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I have a hard time looking at that and calling it "retro". Oak ice chests are retro, and even 1919s, but no M16 unless it has green furniture. Arrrggghhh....must be a sign of old age!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do an 80%,,, have it engraved with the correct historical mfg markings,,,, then send it to have the correct early grey anodizing. It's fun and addicting!!!!

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Airsoft

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Airsoft

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Gun accessory

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found a couple more. Man I love this rifle! I can't get over how light it is!
Now I'm really getting the urge to build up the Slickside upper sitting in the safe!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts