1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much different that last year, added one or two........

Went to local auction.....they had an early import H&K semi version of the longer rifle in .308 (G-3???), couple US Carbines, a Garand & a breath taking earliest version of Browning Take-down .22 auto loader with the wheel site. Donna has always wanted one, now she has it!!!! I laid it on her place mat for when she gets back from Fl. Sat.

She was in Fl. last week too, came home for 3 days before this trip, I had gotten two High Standard better quality target pistols with their real easy big square sites & super good trigger pulls. One of them I have trouble pulling the slide back as it has a full length rib for long siting radius.."The Victor" model.

Did I mention getting her an 1890's gold plated/ivory grips/grip safety top break revolver in .32.......one of 10...... Also have a letter on that one.

PJH

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Great display.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Great display PJ and a nice score for Donna to boot I am certain she will love that, if I tried a display like that in NY you guys would see me on the news lol.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Parade float

Lotsa work involved. Especially the big guns that Donna cant help carry anymore. We have a new 50yr old tenant, will draft him for the next parade, Jul 4, I think. That one is always bigger than Memorial Day by 5-6 times. We were in the Ole Car Club section of last yrs 4th parade, it started a mile further N than the Mem. Parade did!!!!

I will inform all the local TV folks that this is going to happen. They showed up late for the Vets Memorial event May 30 & said "......give us a call next time!!!.........".......sure will!!!

PJH

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
I look forward to doing these with the vets every year and this year they are in for a surprise I am hooking up the Browning to fire full auto on propane so that outta turns a few heads being NY lol. I doubt anyone will give me grief over it but you know how things are today. I wish I could do a display like yours but they don't like guys like us up there any more. Good luck on the 4th and I hope you post more pictures. Russ

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Great pictures especially the "lemon squeezer".

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
That's just awesome what you guys do with these for vets and kids.

Really nice revolver! Never seen one before. Only ten? That's a good reason why not.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts