1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, got the gun together and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Sheesh, shoulda got one of these a long time ago.

Anyway, one simple request for advice. The trigger pull is very stiff. It functions well, plenty of clearance, everything cycles and works fine.

The actual amount of pressure to drop the sear seems high to me. I did not measure it, but it seems to take a pretty hefty pull on the trigger to get it to run.

Could it just need breaking in? Is this kinda normal? Is there something I should look at to lighten the trigger pull? Is this tied to the Semi Auto Spring?

Any advice appreciated.

·
Legendary Donor
2,485 Posts
could be several things, the trigger return spring could be extra strong, the sear spring could be bent up a little to high increasing pressure. I assume the trigger stop is adjusted properly so try working on those two areas first. HTH

·
Registered
278 Posts
try a less stiff return spring, mate the disconnector with the sear correctly ( polish the hell out of it )

·
Registered
754 Posts
trigger job

I also need to improve the trigger pull on my 1919. can someone post a little tutorial on how to do this properly? I know there are a lot of people who need to know.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
How well are the surfaces of your sear and bolt slot polished? If these are rough it will add much friction to the trigger pull.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Try the plunger style trigger return spring rather than the music wire variety. The plungers are available from McMaster-Carr.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Commander,

Just wondering what your comparing the trigger pull too? Even a good trigger pull on a 1919 is probibly going to be a bit stuffer than a rifle....Lou

1 - 9 of 9 Posts