1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else interested in Finnish Maxim accessories? I have an unintentional growing collection of Finnish accessories that while they don't really go with any of my Maxims I do find it hard to let go of them. Just yesterday I bought this lot primarily for the cleaning rod but the wood spare barrel carrier looked like a nice addition also.

Labels are the seller's not mine.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Kirby, I saw that on FB when you posted the cleaning rod and marking. Very cool find. The wooden barrel carrier is in very nice condition too.
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Since I have a Finnish Maxim with a number of accessories (some spares for sale or trade) I am happy to discuss. I have the gun, three different mounts, and a number of accessories.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Redroth, thanks for chiming in. I'm waiting for my M32/33 to get out of jail and know a few things that I will need (or just plain want).

Looking for:
1. Steam hose with screw-on brass fitting.
2. Handle to tighten/lock vertical adjustment on tripod. Is this the same one as on German tripods?
3. Two stops for the traverse arc.

Kirby, thanks for starting the thread.

Fred

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to make a list of what I have, the Finnish stuff I have just been placing on a shelf and not paying appropriate attention to what all I have.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Redroth, thanks for chiming in. I'm waiting for my M32/33 to get out of jail and know a few things that I will need (or just plain want).

Looking for:
1. Steam hose with screw-on brass fitting.
2. Handle to tighten/lock vertical adjustment on tripod. Is this the same one as on German tripods?
3. Two stops for the traverse arc.

Kirby, thanks for starting the thread.

Fred
Hi Fred,
I sold my spare hose assemble to gorgon recently and MG08 bought all my spare Finnish tripod parts last year. You may wish to PM him as he could probably answer your tripod questions and may have a spare handle for you.

I do have the traverse stops in my collection, my tripod was missing them but I found a pair in Estonia. The only spare items I have is a pretty complete M32/33 tool kit in the case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Fred,
I sold my spare hose assemble to gorgon recently and MG08 bought all my spare Finnish tripod parts last year. You may wish to PM him as he could probably answer your tripod questions and may have a spare handle for you.

I do have the traverse stops in my collection, my tripod was missing them but I found a pair in Estonia. The only spare items I have is a pretty complete M32/33 tool kit in the case.
Thanks, I will check with MG08, I did some trading with him recently.

Fred

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone else interested in Finnish Maxim accessories? I have an unintentional growing collection of Finnish accessories that while they don't really go with any of my Maxims I do find it hard to let go of them. Just yesterday I bought this lot primarily for the cleaning rod but the wood spare barrel carrier looked like a nice addition also.

Labels are the seller's not mine.

View attachment 103995 View attachment 103996 View attachment 103997 View attachment 103998 View attachment 103999 View attachment 104000
That's a nice purchase

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I have the Finnish M1910 leather gunners kit that goes on the belt , it is actually a mix of M1910 & 08 Maxim tools , The tin contains firing pins, main spring, washers, and some packing cord tools carbon scraper/combo tool , punches, 08 tongs and chamber tool with wood handle , headless shell extractor & German style oil can it appears this kit was from the 1960's from leather construction, it appears that some stitching was removed to fit the tin in that space.

Reactions: Rory
1 - 11 of 11 Posts