1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else got one of those Finnish smoke mortars, or smoke throwers as the fins call them, well if you did Sarco has the breach mechanisms available for $100, what condition they are going to be in once it arrives is another question, but I figured it was worth a try since I've never seen them anywheres else,I'll update when mine arrives.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sarco

It came in the mail today! It looks really good, slight surface rust,nothing that wouldn't wire brush off, the only problem is that someone replaced the swinging section with one from another unit and it is out of round so it's a tight fit in the breach, a little more filing and it should be fine, at least it does work,I loaded up a couple 12 gauge shells with 70 grains of black powder and some tissue paper filler, very satisfying bang, and it will launch my home made projectile 100 yards. Has anyone worked up any loads for these things? I think the shell casing has to be cut down a little so the expanding powder can escape better. I also bought one of their repro "shoe box mines" not too bad, makes a nice addition to the mine collection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts