1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a recent post regarding the use of a (308)rear cartrige guide while firing 8mm rounds. I personalay do NOT use one.
I am wondering if anyone with EXPERIENCE has noted a differance............. firing 8mm WITH a rear stop and firing 8mm Without a rear stop.
I have only 500 rounds through my gun....8mm no rear stop. Probably only going to be another 500 through it this year.......... Depends if I am celebrating the 4th of July alone again this year.................

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Hey knall, this one kinda runs along with the M6 flash hider working on 308. Some guys run the guide with 8mm and it works great on other guns it won't feed reliably and jams the round against the 8mm front stop. My guess is that some front stops are milled thinner than others allowing the cartridge to move forwards and work with the rear guide. On my gun the front stop is snug so the guide doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have five weapons air cooled and water cooled, with hundreds of thousands of 8mm rounds through them. Not one has ever had a rear cartridge stop, ever.

Mark

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I started out using the rear guide, ran about 2-3k rounds without a problem. Another prominent member here suggested that I didn't need it but if it worked leave it in, so I took it out to see what would happen. I've run another 10,000k plus since then with no problems. I milled my own FCS's out of .308 stops, so that may be the difference, as Lobo said.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had one that didn't matter (looser gun?) and one it was too tight (had to remove it). 8mm doesn't seem to need one (like 30-06).

JW

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
My idea has always been that the rear spacer was strictly a 7.62 add on. I wouldnt bother using one on anything else unless I enjoyed the look if a cluttered feedway. I have fired 7.62 with no problems without the rear spacer as well.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've fired a lot of 3006 through mine with the rear cartidge stop with no problems. Even rapid fire strings. No problems. It seems to simple guide the rds into the bolt better. Could it have been a product improvement to improve feeding?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
The DLO guns come with the spacers in. Dougie sez leave the spacers in. Do you know Dougie? Do you embarrass easily? Doug is quite loud about the way the world should be. If you screw up something by farting around and then go back to him for help....well, if you know Dougie...

'nuff said.

I use the rear spacer for 308, 7mm, 8mm, and don't bother shooting 30-06. I admit it. I'm cheap. I go for the deals. Some fargin bastage bought up all the Ammunitionstore Turk a few years ago, just as I was convincing the wife to part with $$ for a couple pallets. 20 something pallets....gone. Bastage. Bought 20 cases of Bulgarian 308 for revenge. Stinks...gives you brown snots like crazy for hours after, sometimes days...but it's cheap and works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts