1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Wiselite M53 and not entirely sure what I need to look out for or any spare parts I may need. Any tips from the pros would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Keep an eye on the rear fireing pin where the hammer hit's the pin...It will start to mushroom after time , and when it dose it will stick in the carrier and you will start to get doubles and triples....Also , replace the trigger group pin's with anti walk pins...Mine would walk in less then 100rds and the gun would have to be taken apart to get them back in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep an eye on the rear fireing pin where the hammer hit's the pin...It will start to mushroom after time , and when it dose it will stick in the carrier and you will start to get doubles and triples....Also , replace the trigger group pin's with anti walk pins...Mine would walk in less then 100rds and the gun would have to be taken apart to get them back in.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to pick some up. On a side not I disassembled it to clean it and make sure all the parts worked but now I cannot close the barrel door. It closes fine without the barrel but once its in there I cant close it all the way. Is it supposed to be this difficult to close?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I can be finicky...Try pulling back on the charging handle a little...Remember that the real 42's are open bolt guns....Mine is the same way , just don't force it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can be finicky...Try pulling back on the charging handle a little...Remember that the real 42's are open bolt guns....Mine is the same way , just don't force it.
I have the bolt out of the gun and it still won't go in. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Do you have the recuperator plunger pressing against the face of the barrel extension?
If that plunger is caught between the barrel extension and the receiver, you cannot close the barrel door.
Ask me how I know!

Richard

·
11,839 Posts
also look on the inside radiuses of the receiver to see if its cracked. my only receiver from them was cracker pretty badly from forming. could easily be repaired by welding but i had them return it instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have the recuperator plunger pressing against the face of the barrel extension?
If that plunger is caught between the barrel extension and the receiver, you cannot close the barrel door.
Ask me how I know!

Richard
In my case it was the plunger. I read somewhere that sometimes theres not enough angle on it allowing it to close. I ender up using a screwdriver to pull it back in order to slide the barrel in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also look on the inside radiuses of the receiver to see if its cracked. my only receiver from them was cracker pretty badly from forming. could easily be repaired by welding but i had them return it instead.
Where is this at exactly? I will check it out next time I take it apart.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
In my case it was the plunger. I read somewhere that sometimes theres not enough angle on it allowing it to close. I ender up using a screwdriver to pull it back in order to slide the barrel in.
I guess we both learned something new today.

·
Registered
696 Posts
The wiselite firing pin was not properly heat treated. It will eventually mushroom - buy some spare originals and cut them to size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine runs pretty good ... which from what I hear is a little odd for a wise lite ...but always keep a extra bunch of firing pins ... also .. watch what ammo you use .. mine loved Romanian.. and hated yugo 50s ..

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Mine runs pretty good ... which from what I hear is a little odd for a wise lite ...but always keep a extra bunch of firing pins ... also .. watch what ammo you use .. mine loved Romanian.. and hated yugo 50s ..
You are one of the lucky few so enjoy it. I hve helped a few buddies out with theirs and they are far less than reliable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts