1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's back again. I also wish that word of this came out a lot earlier. Due to several things I thought that this was going to be in March. But here it is again this weekend.
http://flmvpa.org
has more info and other good things.
I'll be there in the covered vender's area. Going to try to get the same spot again as last year. Saw paintmanMatt and his crew last year, heard that he and several others will be there this year. Stop on by and Say Hi or whatever. Where? Look for the guy selling gun parts and coins and books and anything else that I can.
paintmanmatt posted several Great pics from last year on last years thread.
https://1919a4.com/showthread.php?95685-Fla-re-enactors-WW2-info-2019&highlight=dora

I'll be working my tables again this year so if you go and take pics well please add more to this thread. Stop on by and buy something. Or watch the Germans chasing the GI's around then watch the tables get turned and the GI's with their Sherman Tank chase them.
We know who ends up Winning.

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got some time Saturday night to take a walk down the Tank Row. 2 nice Shermans and a halftrack and more that shook up a few things. Fun to hear at 8:00 in the morning. Had a Great time and it was good to see you paintman and look forward to seeing your pics.

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Way to go paintmanmatt. Nice pics. THANKS for sharing them. I'm always stuck in at the tables and never get to see anything. Believe me I get to hear it. Folks Next one there in My Dora is Feb 2021, 3rd weekend or so I was told. We should try to have a get together after the Battle near my tables, which are under the shade.
Did you or anyone in your group go for a ride on one of the Hueys??
They had 2 choppers there. 1 Blackhawk and 1 Huey. You could go for a ride on the Huey.

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Way to go paintmanmatt. Nice pics. THANKS for sharing them. I'm always stuck in at the tables and never get to see anything. Believe me I get to hear it. Folks Next one there in My Dora is Feb 2021, 3rd weekend or so I was told. We should try to have a get together after the Battle near my tables, which are under the shade.
Did you or anyone in your group go for a ride on one of the Hueys??
They had 2 choppers there. 1 Blackhawk and 1 Huey. You could go for a ride on the Huey.

Later 42rocker
None in our party took a ride in the Huey. I did ride in one back in the day in Ft Rucker, Al when my brother was an Army Aviator.....
I'm all in for meeting up after the show......I tend to meet up there anyway. Haha!

Here's a blurry pic of the Huey in flight:

2.09.20_003.JPG

·
Registered
801 Posts
Fort Rucker was where I went to AIT ended up at fort Hood 1st Cav crew chief on OH38. Here is a picture 2 years ago at the BigSandy some one had done this up to look just like one of your birds
F0CD9BCB-CA9B-4E6C-A536-A503A64A96B0.jpg

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Huey ride, a few years past, one of my friend's wife went for a Huey ride at Knob Creek. After she was done she asked him Why don't you want to go for a ride? His reply, because they are not paying me. He was a Ranger and was used to being paid to take a ride.

Ok, Fla folks and those that want to join in. I'll try to plan in something special for those that want to get together Saturday after the Battle. So lets all start planning now to meet together at my tables next year. Thinking water, Soda, a Cake. Something like that. A nice Fla Meet and Greet. So watch for the plans for Feb 2020. At this time Mrs 42rocker is planning to be there. Some of you folks meet her when she came with me at Knob Creek one year and some of you other folks have meet my son and daughter at my Builders and Belt Fed shoots. Our son was at the Nov. 2019 shoot.
Also next Builders and Belt Fed Shoot is March 22th, 2020, Sunday at the Hernando Sportsman Club 200 yr line. More on that later in another thread.
Need to dig out my pics from Saturday night after everyone went home. So more pics Later.

Later 42rocker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts