1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
12,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last report I've read shows 50 fatalities and at least as many wounded.

This was a horrific act and will do nothing positive for our hobby.

I've spent most of my adult life in clubs just like the one here. Innocent people out for a night of dancing and good times.

My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The last report I've read shows 50 fatalities and at least as many wounded.

This was a horrific act and will do nothing positive for our hobby.

I've spent most of my adult life in clubs just like the one here. Innocent people out for a night of dancing and good times.

My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.

Agree 100%, it is a very sad day. The only positive aspect I can see coming out of it is that maybe just maybe people in the US especially this administration will wake up and finally accept the fact that Islam is at war with the West.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
I agree this Very sad , :mad: however the administration will take action against Us instead ,not against those who are really responsible because it does not serve them or who they wish to be next in office !!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Just another nut job. Ill bet you he has no real connection to ISIS, he just claims he supports them. Wouldn't be any more of a 'terrorist attack' than if he said he was pro life, hearing voices or supported the Smurfs for congress. Lone wolf.

Interesting how nobody has chimed in on the fact that this was a gay club.....so this guy has some serious issues with the gay community, shoots up a gay nightclub and says he supports ISIS?

Its also worth noting that original reports (USA Today at 7 AM this morning) stated that the police were already chasing him when he ducked into the club.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I will confess to wandering into a particular bar in New Orleans with a co-worker. We both had low-beer-lights showing, and it was the next door we passed. After more carefully surveying the clientele, we thought it best to loudly discuss AMERICAN football, SUV's, guns and Ronald Reagan, while we quickly finished our Ibita's and left.

In all seriousness Rory, yes, this is a mess. We don't have to speculate about SSRI's, this guy's motivation is pretty obvious. It was very interesting when the FBI announced, fairly early this morning, that they thought this was terror related. I guess even they couldn't deny the 911 call: "My name is Omar Mateen, and I'm swearing allegiance to ISIS." This answers another question I have had: what happens when someone with weapons training and good physical conditioning perpetrates a mass shooting? Simple, it becomes the deadliest mass shooting in American history. I fear there will be more such attacks.

Of course Barry's announcement from the White House included yet another call for gun control, an admission that this was a terror attack, but no mention of Islam. What is it going to take for these idiots to wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe, just maybe, the fact that this attack (and many others in the Mid-east) targeted a gay night club will get some of them to set aside their "peaceful religion of Islam" delusions, and address this very real problem we face of radicals in our midst. Wishful thinking.

On a side note, both The Don and I thought Barry came off as angry, which is easily understandable: this illustrates a significant conflict between two groups he supports (the LGBT community and Muslims), and blows gaping holes in several of his preferred narratives. MSG

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...here we go....again...

Don't really care about who the shooter attacked. Main issue is that it occurred HERE...in my country...and there were several warning signs. The killing of people in a mass murder is devastating. My question is ...why was no one....except the off-duty cop as a security guard...carrying a gun...? Gays don't carry...? Especially in FL...? Condolences to the families of those killed and wounded. Just hope this wakes more folks up.

·
12,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Len,
Most states do not allow anyone to carry in a bar or if drinking.

Many clubs do not allow any weapons in at all just as a matter of general security.

This whole thing just makes me sick. I don't know how this does not lead back to major terrorist attack on US soil.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Wondering why?

This sincerely is a great tragedy and I always find it perplexing that folks wonder why these types of attacks happens and why. Some folks here know that I worked as an intelligence and counterintelligence special agent for 33 years. I have been retired for the past three years and for the last 15 years of my career was focused on the War on Terrorism. If any one tells you this war which is and has been on our doorstep for years is not a war against radical Islam is full of s*it. Many of these acts are very predictable. Did anyone in the US think for one moment that naming this month Gay Pride month at the same time as one of holiest months in the Islamic calendar Ramadan would not spark this type of reaction from an extremist? Doing so is an affront to Islam sensibilities and customs. Please call what it was an act of war by ISIS not a mass shooting. These type of incidents of car bombs, machinegunnings, shootings and assassinations goes on every other day in Iraq and Sh*taistan. Now its here and this administration and the rest of liberal media don't see it. Wait until it directly visits them.

--fjruple

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...then it's time for major changes...

Did not know about that specific statute of FL law for carry. Yes...understand that some states forbid carry in bars,etc. My main concern is where I live in Indiana. We carry EVERYWHERE...except schools (K-12),gambling boats (firearm check-in by law),federal buildings and aboard commercial aircraft. IN is one of only 7-states that have NOT had a school shooting and we carry more guns that any other state...as a % of population. Also...in top 5-states with lowest crime rate east of Mississippi river.

Now it's time for other states to realize that 'gun-free-zones' are KILLING ZONES...and time to change their carry laws.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Brings to mind a story I read ten years ago or so in, of all places, the Los Angeles Times. It chronicled the formation of a gay men's pistol club in San Francisco. In no small amount of irony they called themselves "The Pink Pistols".

The reporter was obviously horrified that anyone would even consider joining a pistol club, but this nugget did get through. When asked if the club had anything to do with the NRA, the response was, "Yes, we received information and training from NRA certified instructors and some of our members have since become instructors." The reporter then asked how the NRA had treated them. "Very well. They were happy to help when we called for information and provided us with names of local members who helped with forming the club and with training." The reporter pressed on, obviously unable to reconcile her vision of NRA members as flannel-shirted neanderthal bigots with what had just been said. "But, didn't you get any harassment or denigrating comments?"

The answer was priceless, "Yes, from members of our own community."

By the way, their club slogan was NO ONE BASHES AN ARMED GAY MAN.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
MSG went to the Blacksmiths Shop ( I think ). Been there umpteen times. Cheap drinks are cheap drinks. No reason to single out a alternative lifestyle bar for a suicide murder job. J

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just an FYI, the blacksmiths shop was a building originally owned by Jean Lafitte. Boom. J
Lafittes Blacksmith shop is not a gay bar. Its sort of in the gay part of the French Quarter, but its not specifically a gay bar. Its probably the only bar on Bourbon that isnt an insane tourist joint.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
MSG went to the Blacksmiths Shop ( I think ). Been there umpteen times....
I don't remember the name. It was a block or two north of Bourbon and we sat outside. There were bowls of colored condoms on the bar, and only one woman in the whole place.

It was a couple of those "flannel-shirted Neanderthals" that refused to allow the Aurora nutcase to join their shooting range. Something just didn't seem right about him. Thus he wasn't well practiced what to do when his AR jammed. Those guys saved a bunch of lives.

.... Did anyone in the US think for one moment that naming this month Gay Pride month at the same time as one of holiest months in the Islamic calendar Ramadan would not spark this type of reaction from an extremist? Doing so is an affront to Islam sensibilities and customs...
IIRC, Gay Pride month is the same every Julian year, where Ramadan moves relative to our calendar because it is based on the lunar calendar. Then again, some Muslims follow the lunar cycle in Mecca, where others rely on their own local moon phases. You can't win.

·
12,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IIRC, Gay Pride month is the same every Julian year, where Ramadan moves relative to our calendar because it is based on the lunar calendar. Then again, some Muslims follow the lunar cycle in Mecca, where others rely on their own local moon phases. You can't win.
I know Ramadan changes and was pretty certain June has been Pride month as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
No random thoughts here, just trying to remember where I've been whilst effed up in N'awlins. Easy to do if you have never tried BTW. Just remembering the Freddy Mercury reenactors at the BSS that night! J Oh. and cheeeep drinks (very important).

·
Registered
619 Posts
Len,
Most states do not allow anyone to carry in a bar or if drinking.

Many clubs do not allow any weapons in at all just as a matter of general security.

This whole thing just makes me sick. I don't know how this does not lead back to major terrorist attack on US soil.
Arizona allows a concealed permit holder to carry in places that serve alcohol as long as the permittee does
not consume alcohol. All other concealed carry persons (everybody else) cannot carry into places that serve alcohol.

Any place that wishes to, can post no firearms permitted, of course that doesn't apply to criminals just
law abiding citizens.:cool:

AZB

·
Registered
148 Posts
Get ready for months of politicians trying to ban semi auto rifles and now I just saw a report that he tried to buy "military grade" body armor. Just something else to blame the attack on.

When will we fight ISIS instead of fighting each other for our rights?

Coltman15

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
72 Raisins or 72 Virgins"? (Virginians)

ArizonaBeagle SEZ: "Arizona allows a concealed permit holder to carry in places that serve alcohol as long as the permittee does not consume alcohol. All other concealed carry persons (everybody else) cannot carry into places that serve alcohol. Any place that wishes to, can post no firearms permitted,... " Of course if you're illegally carrying concealed, who'd know it? And if they find out (in Virginia) all they can do is ask (tell) you to leave. If you don't, you're trespassing.This guy was a security guard, with an upgraded Florida "G" carry permit to carry just about anywhere, (general) had been interviewed by the FBI twice and was not "under the radar." He bought his gun "legally" although there were multiple reasons he should have not been permitted to own or carry -- it was a law enforcement failure, not a lack of gun control.

The Quran is purposely misinterpreted, misread and misapplied to distort it for a political interpretation. As to religious (Islam, etc.) terrorism -- I think this is not 'religious' but political. Muslims' stated goal is to rule the world, not just the Middle East, not the West, but the WORLD, by political oppression. We stand for FREEDOM, and they do not! If you thinks this is for any reason other than THEY HATE THE MODERN WORLD, watch Fareed Zakaria's special on "Why They Hate Us" at http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/0...ates-us.cnn/video/playlists/why-they-hate-us/

WE CAN STAY OUT OF THIS WAR IF WE DON'T MIND LOSING!

Carry On'
Gary
><>

1 - 20 of 32 Posts