1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find one with some margin for resale. Has anyone seen any dealer pricing on these, or wholesalers with inventory? Kevin in WI

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I want one of these so badly!!!
Just going to have to wait until I have my other project finished first though. :(
Hope they are still available by then. I guess it all depends on who gets elected president. :eek:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I was thinking the price of the semi-Brens was excessively high. I'm now beginning to think perhaps not.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
They dont run worth a sheet.
They wont run magazines, despite having a mag well.
They break all the time. (rear sights snap off, carry handles pop out)
They shear links that get caught under the gas tube and eventually make their way up into the action and jam the whole gun.
If you so much as bump into the bbl takedown latch...the bbl is going to fall off the minute you try and pick it up.

The M249 is pretty much the XM16 of my generation.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Is this based on personal experience with the semi auto?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Based solely on 20+ years of dealing with the FA variant. Im sure the SA internals are quite different, but Im no fan of the weapon in any sense. For the price, you could get a semi MG42 AND a semi MG34! I guess Im just jaded. :(

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you have those already, what's next? I have two sons in the Army, thanks for your service !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Saw one at a shop in Sioux Falls today - $7499. Very nice. Ten years ago I couldn't of afforded it, but would have bought it anyway. Today I can afford but figure that will get me a couple bags of groceries and a 12-pack in another 10 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts