1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what parts are not interchangable between the fn m2hb and the standard us m2hb? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
same-same...

After finding an FN M2HB LSP,I lined it up and tried to find differences with an original M2HB LSP. Other than the front part of the plate slopped different,there were no other differences and all holes lined up with an M2HB trunion. All inside dimintions appear to be the same and M2HB parts line up exactly the same. There may be some minor changes....but I could not find any.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Never have had an FN in front of me , but I was told when I chose which model of M2 I was looking to buy :

The FN has a quick change bbl system , so the barrel ( and by pics , the handle ) are different . I would guess the bbl would no longer thread in , so some changes to the internals would have been made .

Second , the MG is no longer select fire , so the selector ring would be deleted from the spades and I would guess the bolt catch parts would be deleted , but I'm not sure .

I could have bought a FN style , or GI , or a 1/2 and half . So that tells me the rest are close if not unchanged .

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts