1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
My guess with the semi parts $3500-$4500

I think Krebs Custom sold 1 recently for $2500 and he said it didn't last long once he posted it.

Troy

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
The kit is one thing, but you have the unobtanium side plate and trigger bar. That's the money!

Halo won't sell the trigger bars anymore because more than one customer didn't get the installation right. It's easy to get right, but easier to get wrong. Not sure how the Hedgehog system works.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Please offer it to members here first, not that I am in the market for one but you never know.:D
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I've built four semi auto FN30s now... Kind of watch gunbroker for kits and parts. I bid up to 1250 this spring on one without the RSP, trigger, and sear. Somebody else wanted it a bit more. Another missing the LSP went for $900.

If you have the sear to go with the TNW style trigger bar (what hedgehog used), you got something. At this point it is not possible to buy a semi trigger and sear.

Lucky13 and I will have to agree to disagree on the useability of the Halo system.

Karl

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
The kit is one thing, but you have the unobtanium side plate and trigger bar. That's the money!

Halo won't sell the trigger bars anymore because more than one customer didn't get the installation right. It's easy to get right, but easier to get wrong. Not sure how the Hedgehog system works.
Rollin, can you talk to Mike and see if he would be willing to sell a trigger bars if I send him the top plate to install ? I have 2 kits and 2 RH plates but no semi parts. Does it use a standard semi sear ?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Rollin, can you talk to Mike and see if he would be willing to sell a trigger bars if I send him the top plate to install ? I have 2 kits and 2 RH plates but no semi parts. Does it use a standard semi sear ?
Allan, sure. I can ask. The whole FN30 project from all those years ago has been a touchy subject, starting with the tepid response after plates were produced. For all those who proclaimed interest, few put their money where their mouth was. Then the ATF action included the loss of the plate fixture and programming, which has never been recreated. While there are still plenty of the trigger bars and sears (quite different than a 1919 semi sear) in house, it backfired each time one was sold. I have suggested that the trigger bar installation be done exclusively in house, so as to eliminate that issue. However, this was mainly in the context of selling a complete semi package, the FN30 kit, side plate, machined internals and the trigger sear set already fitted. Might happen one day, but it would be an investment in time that is not available right now. Meanwhile, I will see about your request. I don't usually see much of Mike on the weekends, as that is his working time at the hospital. Sometimes he pops in my shop in the evenings, as I'm usually there in those hours, but I should stumble into him by Monday at the latest.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Ok George, I'll see what I can do. :)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
panceabeachbum, sorry for the hijacked thread, but it seems there is a few of us who have the same issues. have parts kits and maybe RH plates but no semi parts. Hopefully halo will not try to ask to much for the semi parts. I am still trying to scrape enough together for my fiancees plane ticket from the Philippines

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
My guess with the semi parts $3500-$4500

I think Krebs Custom sold 1 recently for $2500 and he said it didn't last long once he posted it.

Troy
Wow, that much? I bought a parts kit and all the semi parts (hedgehog) years ago to develop the rivet kit. Might be time to cash out that development project.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi Rollin
Ditto
I have one of his plates as well , with 2parts kits as well so there are some others interested. I also have a HedgeHog FN38 dual feed aircraft gun. I was hoping to copy it's semi parts for the FN30's

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Machinist that does some work for me that's going to run a batch of the HH style trigger bars in the next few weeks, uses the original sear . I believe he is going to mod too covers, bolts and bbl extensions also. He is going to do mine and I'll post pics

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone have a copy of the 6-8 page instructions that were included with the hedgehog kit? I have everything but the instructions, which I believe we lost in a flood a few years back. Everything is pretty self explanatory other than were the couple of small chunks of metal and rivets go that block an unmodified sear. Thanks
just put my spare kit on gb

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the 6-8 page instructions that were included with the hedgehog kit? I have everything but the instructions, which I believe we lost in a flood a few years back. Everything is pretty self explanatory other than were the couple of small chunks of metal and rivets go that block an unmodified sear. Thanks
just put my spare kit on gb
would be interested in a copy of instructions also

·
Registered
885 Posts
I don't have any instruction but I can post the dimenaional information about the sear mods. Brian Penley did the internal machining and sear mod on a set of FN30 internals for me. Having him do it might be easiest.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts