1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive mentioned in a couple of threads that a local machinist, and member here is running a batch of HH type trigger bars for the FN30. After nearly a month of refining the design and tweeking I believe he has it as near perfect as possible. We have hand cycled hundreds of times and did some live fire testing today in my gun.

Ill be posting some pictures in the morning and we are going to run a few hundred rounds thru the gun tomorrow and Ill post a link to a you tube video.

Im posting this for Shepard, and until he gets post count up Ill forward PMs to him, I believe he stated $225 delivered via USPS, but Ill make sure in AM.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, went to shop. picked up camera. here are the pics.

If you have any questions please ask. The fellow Im posting this for is great guy, former Military, retired from PD and runs a cnc shop about 15 minutes from my place. As the pics show his machine work is beautiful, He spends more time programming tool marks out than most machinist do writing code for an entire run of parts. He machines some of the titanium and 4340 parts we use in our centerfire rifle suppressors.

I know he has machined a semi right side plate but do not know if this is something he will be offering or not.

Im sure he will chime in here tonight or in the morning .

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I'm in for 2 . Also need the drawings for the modified top cover and sear. Probably could figure it out BUT rather have the drawings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
IMG_0837.JPG

Hello,
I finished machining a batch of the HH style trigger bars. Richard (panaceabeachbum) and I have run a number of rounds with the prototype and the triggerbar functioned flawlessly. I still need to heat treat the reset tab and parkerize the triggerbar before assembly. I have sinus surgery in the morning so I likely won’t be able to finish till I’m back in the shop in a few days. If you’re interested in purchasing one of the triggerbars they are $225 delivered. PM or email me at [email protected].

Thank you,
Shepard

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Nice to see these being offered, now if someone would step up to make the sideplates so were not waiting on Chris.
CaptMax

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey,
I got back to work today and finished up the triggerbars. For the folks that have already sent payment I'll get yours out to you tomorrow. There's a good chance I'll do a build in a month or so, if I do I'll machine my sideplate. If there are some who want one while I'm doing mine let me know.
Thanks, Shepard

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to the range with my semi FN30 Yesterday with one of Shepards semi auto trigger bars installed. I believe he has run about 20 of these in the first batch and they are beautiful. Here is a quick video of the gun running with his trigger bar

dont hesitate to send shepard a PM if you need one of these

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hello

Im in for 1 or 2
Also will this work for FN38 semi?

Thanks Craig
The trigger is the same between all the FN series guns, so it will work in all the different models.

General thoughts on the build:
One thing to keep in mind when building your weapon is complying with an ATF approved design. While this is not a requirement it is prudent to do. I believe Kris had the only ATF approval letter for the FN series. In his approval letter, the trigger bar as permanently attached to the top plates via the trigger bar pin which is cut off and blind pinned into the top plate. The remainder of the pin and spring retaining clip is inserted just for looks over the blind pinning.

I personally do not like the permanently attached trigger as it prevents repair or maintenance. On the approved M2HB designs, which use a similar top plate mounted trigger bar, the trigger bar is modified and the original slot blocked to not accept a full auto trigger. I would recommend this route over the permanent attachment method. Which ever way you choose to go, do something so the weapon would not be considered readily convertible.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the above recommendation is a good one and could be easily achieved by welding a block in the top cover , after machining the slot for trigger, that would prevent an original trigger from being inserted and a corresponding notch cut in the semi trigger bar. Due to the increased width of the new trigger there is plenty of room for a clearance cut.

Im going to machine another top plate tomorrow and will try and post some pics and will get that top cover drawing posted I promised with dimensions

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I think the above recommendation is a good one and could be easily achieved by welding a block in the top cover , after machining the slot for trigger, that would prevent an original trigger from being inserted and a corresponding notch cut in the semi trigger bar. Due to the increased width of the new trigger there is plenty of room for a clearance cut.

Im going to machine another top plate tomorrow and will try and post some pics and will get that top cover drawing posted I promised with dimensions
Yes please drawings with dimensions !!!!!!:D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Got the trigger. Fast shipping and it looked very nice, thank you!
Once you have the trigger the required clearance cut will be pretty clear. I did it yesterday. Today I will make the blocking piece and weld it in place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey,
A few people have asked me for the dimensions to make the top plate modification. I got a minute to model the part and show the relevant info. I hope the photos are helpful. If anyone wants drawings of the actual model let me know, just remember that there may be variation between the part I modeled and yours. However, the critical dimensions for the top plate mod will be the same because we are all working off the same reference dimension at the standoff. If I can add anything to help let know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts