1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked on this project as much as I could this weekend. Helped a friend move into his new home and finished tileing my kitchen. A happy wife makes for a happy CII manufacturer...

I called around on Friday to check on materials. My steel mill is five weeks out on material orders. Steel is still going up in price as the Chinese demand continues to consume the resources.

That being the case I would like to get a firm head count on people who are interested in just side plates and triggers, people who are interested in having their kits built and last anyone without a kit who will be looking for a complete firearm. I am dedicating an e-mail address to the project to get a head count. Do not start posting in this thread/forum/ website that you are interested. You will not be counted. You need simply send an e-mail to:

[email protected]

In the e-mail state: Home Build, Halo Build (my kit), Halo Build (Halo kit)

Once I get a count I will place a materials order this week. I am anticipting ordering 50 pieces for sideplates regardless. That is a half sheet and a price break on materials.

I am guessing the FN30 ground plates will run about $400-$425 for exact reproduction plates. The FN30 B models or Tanker models with lightened sideplates will run closer to $475-$500. These are estimates and on the high side so as to shock you now not later. I'd rather surprise you with lower costs than upset you by raising the quote. It really comes down to two factors ... the number of people genuinely interested and the cost of the steel. Quantity makes everything cost less...

Trigger sets will run somewhere from $125-$150. I am looking for a good heat treat shop to firm up the number.

With regards to building kits, I will be taking kits in a couple at a time. This helps me to focus on the task at hand, saves me storage space and prevents people from waiting months on end after shipping their kits in. I plan on taking about two kits at a time. As the first two kits approach completion I will notify the next two in line to ship their kits in. About the time the new kits arrive the previous kits will ship out and the process will repeat. In this manner I can really focus on a kit build and check parts for wear as I disassemble and reassemble the kit.

In the event volume/demand for the kit builds is great and would create unnecessary delay. I am talking with Allied Armament about sub contracting the assembly work. James and I have a good working relationship. He understands my committment to this project and the detail I expect in the builds. He assures me he is up to the challenge. Having helped me with the assembly of a post sample in the past he is already familiar with the FN30 family of weapons and their subtle differences from the 1919 family.

The goal is to end up with everyone having their Fn30 kit together AND to have them look like the firearm the kit came from originally. These are a special model with regards to the Browning style .30 cal belt fed. Few kits made it into the country, making these firearms far more valuable than the standard 1919.

As a Brass Cartridge customer you will receive the quality craftsmanship I offer in all my products. In addition you will have access to repair and replacement parts at a cost far less than the general public who may build their own kits useing non Halo Mfg parts.

I know many of you are jumping to get going. You want to know hard numbers for the build cost. I want to give them to you and I want them to be accurate. We start by getting a count on production parts to nail down the costs.

E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks

Michael
Halo Mfg/Brass Cartridge

If you have suggestions relevant to the building of these kits, please feel free to post them here. The e-mail is only for people who want to buy the product.

·
1,947 Posts
Hi Michael,

You were planning on submitting the FN30 to the BATFE Tech Branch back in February.

Have you received the classification letter yet? If you have, would you please post a copy of it here?

Thanks,
Orin

·
1,947 Posts
Allied Armament said:
Orin, the approval came in last week. :D
GREAT - It would help if you redact what you feel is proprietary and post a scan of the letter here.

I'm sure there are others - myself included - that would have more of a warm and fuzzy feeling if we could see the letter before committing to a purchase.

Orin

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll get a scan of the letter and post in the next couple days. I have to travel to Portland tomorrow and won't be home until late. I'll try for Wednesday...

Michael

·
1,947 Posts
Brass Cartridge said:
I'll get a scan of the letter and post in the next couple days. I have to travel to Portland tomorrow and won't be home until late. I'll try for Wednesday...Michael
Hi Michael - Any chance of seeing the letter soon?

Regards,
Orin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts