1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have any experience with full auto FN30 I'm having issues with my guns running reliably. I have two of them on a twin mount and one on a ground tripod. All three have been modified for dual feed. All three guns have similar issues no matter what I do with the head space and timing they will run 5 to 6 rounds and stop and then they will some times run a whole belt with no problems. I'm getting frustrated I can make my 1919a4 run like a sewing machine but these guns are trouble some. I'm open for suggestions thanks
Quinton

·
Registered
250 Posts
Maybe the booster hole size?
Hi , I'm looking for the cocking cam peace that is riveted into the fixed top cover. You wouldn't have a spare you could part with would you ?
Thanks John

Sent from my underground lair

·
Registered
885 Posts
Are you running links or cloth belts? If you are running metal links I would recommend removing the finger on the belt pawl in the top cover. It somehow interferes with feeding in .308 with links and make the gun run unreliably. As was said if you post more details you could receive more accurate advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of the time it's a failure to extract. When the guns stop you can rack them and they will fire. I have tried different extractor with the same problem.

John I might have a cocking cam I'll have to look.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Most of the time it's a failure to extract. When the guns stop you can rack them and they will fire. I have tried different extractor with the same problem.

John I might have a cocking cam I'll have to look.
I had this exact issue on two of my last FN30 builds. Pulling the feed finger and attention to making the top cover fit perfectly solved it for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts