1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI, for the month of July, Century Arms is running the 8mm Yugo on sale for $27/600 which is 4.5 cents per round. Shipping is only $12 anywhere USA and free if over $500 order. I've been shooting this stuff with good success and that's the lowest I've seen it in awhile.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a related question to Lobo's post above...

How do you view the list of monthly specials at Century? I have an online account setup with Century and can view the online store prices after logging in.....but I never see anything related to their monthly specials. Should I be able to navigate to the specials within their online store?...or are they distributed via email?

Thanks...always looking for specials :D

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I had to sign up for the email monthly specials to get em'....I think there is a spot on their site to do it. I have an FFL, but I'm not sure that was required - maybe Lobo can verify yes or no....

576 Posts
This part was ommited and is included on all the specials they email....

"Above is our confidential dealer special list.

This list is strictly for authorized Century dealers.

Posting this listing is not authorized by Century International Arms, Inc.

Reproduction of this list on any message postings is strictly prohibited."

·
Registered
864 Posts
Lobo, How good is this ammo? If you fired 1000 rounds spread across lots, how many and what kind of failures would you see in 1000 rounds? Please give me the whole low-down because I am considering ordering 40,000 rounds. Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Then why will Century sell ammo to non-dealers at that price? I thought the ammo sales they didn't care about the price, just the firearms.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just call Deanna and ask to be put on her email list and that's how I get the specials and I'm no dealer or nothing.

As far as ammo performance...with a good firing pin I've had almost 100% fire rate. The primers can be a little deep on some rounds and my '28 water-cooled didn't ignite some of them and that might have been me overcranking the gun with Emory's crank and that was only a couple misfires per belt...ymmv. Scoutfal ran the same stuff thru my gun without a single hiccup and he and I have been co-buying the stuff together.

With 40,000 rounds you may get 10 different lots so I can't comment on the performance.

·
Registered
864 Posts
loboslanding said:
Just call Deanna and ask to be put on her email list and that's how I get the specials and I'm no dealer or nothing.

As far as ammo performance...with a good firing pin I've had almost 100% fire rate. The primers can be a little deep on some rounds and my '28 water-cooled didn't ignite some of them and that might have been me overcranking the gun with Emory's crank and that was only a couple misfires per belt...ymmv. Scoutfal ran the same stuff thru my gun without a single hiccup and he and I have been co-buying the stuff together.

With 40,000 rounds you may get 10 different lots so I can't comment on the performance.

Lobo, How many rounds total have you fired of the Yugo, and have you seen any case seperations or cracked cases ? If so, how many? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I can't speak for Lobo, but a few of us here ordered 18 cases a year ago and ran into some deep primers and probably a dozen cracked cases per case. Separated cases were not that bad or plentiful. Some were caused by bad headspace setting admittedly on one gun. Misfires were plentiful though - maybe one out of 20? Many fired second time through, but we don't like shooting that way. Extending the FP helped a lot, but there were still too many problems for us and we switched back to Romy stuff. Lobo has had better luck than I (we) have - could have been different lots, obviously, but all ours was '52 and '54 dates stuff. I'd shoot it again if I didn't care about recocking the gun every 20 rounds or so.........smells a lot better than Romy ammo :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just shot about 2k of this last week. Had about 10-20 rounds poof like smoke grenades but the bullet went out like normal. Had 3-4 boom like it did when my top cover blew a few months ago. (Major split cases at the bottom.) No damage, though I'm prepared with several top covers. :D

Headspaced properly!

Also had 6-7 of the rounds stick to my firing pin because the primer vaporized or was blown out during firing. I had to take the bolt almost all the way apart to remove the case.

Even with all of that (oh 99% of these problems were with the 11 / 54 headstamp. I also shot 52 with 0 problems and 55 with 0 problems.) I'll still buy more! I have around 50 pounds of brass to turn in and since scrap brass is over 1 dollar a pound, I'll earn back 50 dollars. :D

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, copper heavy ball. Every lot is different so it's a roll of the dice. I have thousands of rounds of Turk 8mm that my gun just loves, but other guys have to wear Kevlar because of their lots. One thing I do is run my headspace only one click out because the Yugo seems to have thinner case rims too which means I can get away with less headspace, but, shhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone or they'll buy up all my Yugo supply ;).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not sure my basement floor can stand the weight. I have a few stacks of 10-12 cases piled 4-5' high. :D

I'll probably buy more before the month is over. And for some reason I usually buy over 500 dollars worth so I don't have to pay the 12 dollars shipping. lol. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts