1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why people remove the price and replace it with "Sold". Why can't they leave the price and type sold next to it? I for one am interested in what stuff sells for. Then I can judge if I am paying to much for an item. Below is an excellent case in point of removing prices.

Wts misc parts & barrels

Israeli Links 2000 plus $100.00
Chrome lined 8mm barrel,test fired only sold
8mm barrel, new $200.00
Two peice booster NOS w/rings sold
Barrel extention machined for Semi Auto BA sold
Barrel extention not machined BA marked sold
New Bolt with new KMP sear, used extractor
new firing pin, missing cocking lever SG sold
New Old Stock top cover $150.00
Lock frame machined for semi sold
New Old Stock extractor BA marked sold
Large lock rings sold
Small lock rings sold
Barrel lock springs sold
New Old Stock firing pin sold
Firing pins missing spring inside sold
Breach block sold
Trigger pins and spring sold
Top cover latch sold

It is certainly the sellers prerogative to edit his post as above but I would like to see the sold price. Does this bother anyone else?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Agree. Have tried to encourage leaving prices listed after sale, but it hasn't taken root......just keep at it, I guess.....

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Same here, I like to see the prices of items sold so that I can either price similar items of my own or keep up with current prices in the event I am looking to buy.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Problem is prices fluctuate a lot as stashes of parts become available, or dry up. The older prices might be ridiculously high or low and give a flawed pricepoint.

·
Registered
114 Posts
+1 for not removing prices! It's nice to be able to do your own research instead of just posting a price check on the forum!

Rob

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
prices

Just make sure you look at the posted date when looking at prices,a couple years ago you couldn't touch an AR for under a grand, now they are at least half that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts