1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
I like going to knob creek in the spring to get a little early warm spring weather. Well this year I am packing carharts, stocking cap, and extra blanket for camping. Will still be warmer than home, but by no means warm. We had about 6" of snow last week, and have had a few flurries on and off all weekend. On the bright side it at least it looks to be dry all weekend!

Steve

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
outsider SEZ: ".... at least it looks to be dry all weekend! "

What are the odds on thayat !!! 1st time I decided to not go to the spring Knob Creek shoot because of the mud -- it was dry! Maybe we'll see you in the fall, Lord willin and the creek don't rise (and wash the bridge away again). :dunno: "April showers bring May Flowers -- whaddaya 'spect !?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
This is my only vision of Springtime in Kentucky. :rofl: :rofl:

Yes - I took the picture! :eek:

Yes that looks about right, plan on the worst and hope for the best.
I'll take my Carhart artics just in case, I hate being cold. :(
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Packed plastic sheeting to cover tables yesterday, unfortunately it will probably not be a wasted effort. You would think Kenny could afford a few tubes of chalking for the pole barn roof.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Having never been to The Creek, is the weather really always terrible? Don't you guys camp out in tents or is it a parking lot full of toy haulers filled with MG parts and military cots?

I'll get there some year. Should I bring an umbrella or a parka or both?

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Having never been to The Creek, is the weather really always terrible? Don't you guys camp out in tents or is it a parking lot full of toy haulers filled with MG parts and military cots?

Bring both!!!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Boots! Preferably waterproof boots. Heavy wool socks. Other rain-gear at your discretion -- it might not rain all the time, but it's likely to be muddy all the time.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

Well, ex in laws farm was about 30 mi from the range - we shot there all the time after the MG shoot. We used to go all the time. Weather can be "variable' in April or October. this time of year wet fronts are moving across the US - and it looks like there is a series of them coming off the west coast. It is going to rain off and on for the next week or two at least. Lots of clay there- so water does no drain away- it just sits there. and runs down the creek. We never stayed there - would rather sleep in a barn.... but it is a good time. you need to make a run there at least once.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts