1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CaptMax - thought you'd enjoy. Newville - spring 2015 event. The 2 fellows in the color photo are Rob Guinta (a board member here) and myself. Ran about 400 rounds through the gun in about a day and a half of tactical and it functioned perfect - I would shoot more but the Canadian Army isn't supplying the ammo anymore....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oldsoldier - I used the legs from a Hotchkiss crows foot tripod and fabricated the water jacket clamp - trying to match the look of a Sangster. I would love to find a Sangster tripod - even a repro - but they're not around and even if I could find one I couldn't afford it. I have about $215 into that mount plus time and a few $ in materials.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
...need....?

And you need a cart to haul that Vickers around. I'm sure the tripod is too heavy for a long march. You need a 1917 Machine Gun Cart...and I need a Vickers for my display. Such is life.....LOL.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Len - I'd love a MG cart - just don't have room for one. I have this version though which I can handily get in and out of the trenches with (and it breaks down to fit in a shortbed pickup).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
That looks a whole lot handier than a wrenched lower back!!:tongue:

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
....WW1 or WW2...?

US Marines used the metal cart in WW1...Army used the wood 1917 cart pulled by a mule. That looks like an early WW1 cart...is it...? Agree...the metal cart is easier to handle but not good for a long haul. Just looking for someone who has 2-Vickers...and needs a 1917 cart....

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
CaptMax - thought you'd enjoy. Newville - spring 2015 event. The 2 fellows in the color photo are Rob Guinta (a board member here) and myself. Ran about 400 rounds through the gun in about a day and a half of tactical and it functioned perfect - I would shoot more but the Canadian Army isn't supplying the ammo anymore....
Your right Dave, I did enjoy these pictures.
Now we just need to convert you into shooting FMJ's and not blanks.:D
Great pictures, they look even better in B&W.
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Len - if I had a place to keep a cart we could do some talking - alas I do not. The steel cart is loosely based on the original design but scaled down. It's proven very handy.

Steve - it's been a while since I live fired the Vickers - my range time is usually spent sighting in deer rifles. Getting this into the tree stand could be a bit difficult....

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Len - if I had a place to keep a cart we could do some talking - alas I do not. The steel cart is loosely based on the original design but scaled down. It's proven very handy.

Steve - it's been a while since I live fired the Vickers - my range time is usually spent sighting in deer rifles. Getting this into the tree stand could be a bit difficult....
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
That is a funny thought Dave.
Just the same your pictures look great, "Thank-you" for sharing them.
CaptMax

1 - 11 of 11 Posts